FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 7, 2004

Justin or Tammy Bohn
KTM Hutt a division of Cycle Hutt, Inc.
2507 1/2 Railroad Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58501
(701) 223-4888

KTM North America, Inc. and Cycle Hutt Reach a Settlement

Bismarck, ND –. Cycle Hutt, Inc. announced that it has finalized a settlement agreement with KTM North America, Inc. ending all disputes between them. The two parties had filed simultaneous actions for differences related to trade agreements, trademarks and copyrights. While the details of the settlement remain confidential, the result is that KTM North America has reinstated Cycle Hutt as an authorized KTM dealer and in turn, Cycle Hutt fully recognizes and agrees to honor KTM’s trademarks and copyrights.

Cycle Hutt became an authorized KTM dealer in May of 2000. Owned and operated by Justin and Tammy Bohn, Cycle Hutt sells KTM motorcycles, parts and aftermarket products from its Bismarck location and via the Internet. Known for their excellent customer, technical and parts service, Cycle Hutt sales steadily increased reaching across the United States.

”No one truly wins in court,” said Justin Bohn. “We felt that it would be best to put our differences aside.” “Rod (Rod Bush, President of KTM, North America) has been very accommodating in getting this resolved.” “KTM has a trademark to protect and we intend to assist them any way we can.” said Justin.

Cycle Hutt will now conduct its Internet business as www.KTMHutt.com. And will be known as KTM Hutt, (a division of Cycle Hutt, Inc.)

As Cycle Hutt and KTM renew their relationship, Cycle Hutt continues to serve as North Dakota¹s dealership for parts and accessories for the off-road motorcycle industry, particularly the orange KTM products.

“It¹s my husband’s passion,” says Tammy Bohn, who works alongside her husband. That passion extends to other employees, too. Steve Drewlo, Parts Manager for Cycle Hutt competed at the prestige Loretta Lynn Finals in Tennessee and was voted 2003 North Dakota Motocross Rider of the year by his peers.

“The guys that work here know their bikes,” she says. They race Motocross or Enduros and can respond to customers who either walk in the door or who reach the company via the Internet or phone.

With the majority of its business coming through the Internet, Cycle Hutt has two Web sites. At www.ktmhutt.com, customers can locate and order KTM parts and accessories with fast delivery as 90% of the parts for the newer KTM’s are in stock. At www.cyclehutt.com, the local business posts race schedules, results, point standings and rider profiles from the racing world for the state of North Dakota.

Gerg

May 7, 2002
I read through the ICANN findings, and they ruled in favor of Cycle Hutt. They didn't act in bad faith, and they had the right to use the KTM trademarks and brand name based on their dealer agreement, so they get to keep the domain names. I think that Cycle Hutt then agreed to turn over ktm.com, but they're keeping all the others (ktmbikes, ktmminicycles, racektm.com, etc.) and will conduct business as ktmhutt.com.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I thought I had read that Cycle Hutt paid something like $70k for the ktm.com domain name, and a lot of this was because KTM made them an offer for it that was only a fraction of that price. They just handed it over to KTM?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Looks like both parties made out in this (along with Cycle Hutt/KTM customers), without a long, drawn-out, and expensive court battle.

:thumb:

Top Bottom