oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Hope the game lives up to the hype. If the Pack brings the same team that played the Vikings and Chiefs should be a great game. If the team that played the Lions last week shows up Favre could be looking a bit like Custer at the little Big Horn wonderring where all the indians are coming from. :bang:
All this aside that dam half dome is a hall of terror for the Pack in years past and has claimed it's toll on Favre.

I'm not putting money on this one but being a true Cheesehead I have to go with the Pack squeeking this one out.

The worst thing is with all the Pack hysteria the poor suckers with cable are going to miss it all since the cable companies here in Wis are to dam cheap to offer the NFL network in thier programming tiers. Sure happy we have satelite (this week at least :nod: )

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
im also a cheesehead and im really hopin they can pull it off. luckily when we signed up for another year with dish they gave us a couple new channels free, INCLUDING NFL NETWORK! so I will get to watch it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Check your local networks... in Dallas they have the game on our channel 27 as well as the NFL Network. Maybe it's limited to just Green Bay for the "local" carry?

There's plenty of concern about the game here. One thing about Green Bay, ANY real fan of the sport has got to like The Farve, toss in all the "old guys" pulling for him, they've got a lot of good Karma going on. I'm just hoping for a good game that both teams can feel okay about, win or lose.

Oldguy failed to mention that there IS a bet on the game .... better than money. If you see one of our avatars change for a week, you'll know who lost :)

Attachments

• theboys.gif
    theboys.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 174
  • thepack.gif
    thepack.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 176

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Well, Farve has been braking alot of records, and getting some 'firsts' this season.

maybe his first win in dallas?

Its a good thing I get the NFL network!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah the "OLD" ROMO is looking good this year and hopefully will be ready tomorrow night. Romo really should just bow down to his boyhood idol and sit in the locker room where he can watch the game and learn from the master.

OH and I can not wait to see OKIE wearing that green and gold G for a week

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Cabot said:
Well, Farve has been braking alot of records, and getting some 'firsts' this season.

maybe his first win in dallas?

Its a good thing I get the NFL network!
Just a bit of trivia (they actually talked about it during the game last week)-
Who caught Favre's first completed pass? If he had connected a few more times with this guy it definitely would have resulted in another record for the books :cool:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I'm guessing Mark Bavaro...

Game is on NFL HD channel. I didn't see it anywhere else around here. The NFL channel wouldn't be my first choice for coverage, but in this case I'll take it

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Favres first completion?

HIMSELF!

Some more trivia
His first attempted pass in the NFL was for a touchdown..
true of false?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Cabot said:
Favres first completion?

HIMSELF!

Some more trivia
true of false?
correct not a well known receiver but would have been a deadly combination if he threw to him a few more times :laugh:

I know your questions answer also but won't give it away :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Put the star on :bang: :(

Thought it was going to be a lot uglier. Hate to say it but probably good Brett sat out the way he was melting down trying long shots. The defensive secondary absolutely sucked it would have been better if they had just stayed home tonight and let a high school team replace them.

And I will say Romo didn't look bad- not great tonight but far better then I hoped he would be. TO not much you can say about him :whoa: except he has that special touch that screws a great defense and just humiliates one that plays like the Pack did tonight.
I guess we will hopefully get a second shot at the BOYS in January for redemption- but I sure wish it was going to be in Green Bay

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Cabot said:
Some more trivia
true of false?
True but it was the other team that scored.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Lol yup. With the Falcons..

IMO it would have been a different game with woodson and KGB.. The Packers got eaten alive in the secondary all night long, with little pressure on Romo.
Confusion let TO and Witten open all day.

And What was that packer offense in the 1st quarter? Throwing deep into double coverage.. HORRIBLE!
What happened to the short slants and passes that worked the rest of the season?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Rodgers did a great job last night. just not quite enough. Witten killed them in the second half

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Cabot said:
Lol yup. With the Falcons..

IMO it would have been a different game with woodson and KGB.. The Packers got eaten alive in the secondary all night long, with little pressure on Romo.
Confusion let TO and Witten open all day.

And What was that packer offense in the 1st quarter? Throwing deep into double coverage.. HORRIBLE!
What happened to the short slants and passes that worked the rest of the season?

those are my thoughts exactly. but i was very impressed with aaron rodgers. someone at school said hes going to the bears, is this true? if so im scared for when favre retires.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Would be a different game with Terry Glenn starting as well.
It sure would and that is why it is a sport- you gotta play with those you brought along- unfortunately it looked like the Pack brought along the Aswaubenon high school defensive secondary.

Just so happened the Boys were the better team last night (god that hurt to say :whoa: ) and the Pack hopefully will get a second shot at them in January. And if by some miracle it could be played in Green Bay on a -10 day would be just fine with me :nod:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
JD_MXRacer said:
those are my thoughts exactly. but i was very impressed with aaron rodgers. someone at school said hes going to the bears, is this true? if so im scared for when favre retires.
Have never heard that and unless he has been officially traded he could not talk to the Bears at this point in the season. I doubt the Packers are stupid enough to trade away the only other QB on their roster at this time so I think the rumor is very false

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom