Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
No.
But he has been nominated as 2007 US Sports Acadamy Athlete of the Year.
And.. McCarthy said he'll be starting on the 9th. :)

And agreed, Aaron Rodgers did play well :cool: .

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Brett just had a bad game .... frankly, the way it was going, I wish he would have stay'd in :p . Dallas was not at all prepared for Rogers.

Dave... I really doubt even the Packers want to play at Lambeaux in Jan.. no one with a passing game would.

There's still a lot of football left before these two meet again. Dallas is overdue to drop a trap game (Detroit?). The Redskins matchup well.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
It was more/less a change in offensive strategy..

And you must underestimate us up here in Wisconsin. :coocoo:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Dave... I really doubt even the Packers want to play at Lambeaux in Jan.. no one with a passing game would.

no one but Brett I'll try and find his stats but his win to loss ratio goes absolutely crazy the colder it gets- hard to believe from a Mississippi boy

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
oldguy said:
no one but Brett I'll try and find his stats but his win to loss ratio goes absolutely crazy the colder it gets- hard to believe from a Mississippi boy
Brett with a running game? No doubt about that. Pull up with passing efficiency at Lambo in the cold. Would be interesting to see. Besides, Packer fans are trying to find something good about the loss, just trying to help out :)

Like Romo said, all this game meant was another 2% added to the chance they make it to the big show.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And you must underestimate us up here in Wisconsin.
Not sure I know what you mean, but we like our Wisconsin boy down here just fine thanks :cool:.

Think about it....

1) Undrafted, now starting QB for the Cowboys. Hate all you want, THAT is THE premier job in the NFL.

2) Small town Wisconsin boy signs $68 Million deal

3) Small town Wisconsin boy remains a down to earth, squared-away individual with a great attitude and respect for the game and it's history and traditions.

4) Small town Wisconsin boy spends quality time with Jessica Simpson :nod:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Actually Brett passes just as well (I should passed since it has been awhile since the Pack has had much playing time at home in January) in the cold, don't ask me how I couldn't do that or catch his passes. It has been a while since the Pack has had a consistent running game- seems like since Brett came here.
No doubt about it Romo reminds me of a young Favre and hopefully he will retain that for as many years. A big part will be keeping the game fun, staying away from the temptations that the income and fame bring, and being able to physically keep it going.
Brett kept the small town mentality and without it I doubt he would have lasted this long.
Romo probably does have an edge now over Brett in his first couple seasons in part because he is playing in a controlled environment at least half the season, is surrounded by great receivers (as well as other positions), and is a very consistant player. Brett was allowed to get pretty wild with his passing game and sometimes it worked many times it didn't in the beginning. He also made a lot of mediocre recievers look pretty good especially once he trusted they would be where he sent them.

Of the current batch of young QBs I do admit Romo is head and shoulders above and probably will be talked about as one of the greats if he withstands the abuse for many more seasons. Remember there have been 207 starting QBs since Brett started his first game so he has along way to go (and I hope he does it as long as he takes it easy on the Pack )

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Okiewan said:
Not sure I know what you mean, but we like our Wisconsin boy down here just fine thanks :cool:.

Think about it....

1) Undrafted, now starting QB for the Cowboys. Hate all you want, THAT is THE premier job in the NFL.

2) Small town Wisconsin boy signs $68 Million deal

3) Small town Wisconsin boy remains a down to earth, squared-away individual with a great attitude and respect for the game and it's history and traditions.

4) Small town Wisconsin boy spends quality time with Jessica Simpson :nod:

I was refering to you saying we don't want to play in the cold..

But thanks for the other 4 reasons wisconsin is great :cool:

I like Romo though.. I don't know how him and TO get along though.. :yikes:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom