Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I have a 96 KDX and im taking the purple off or painting it,, well the only thing left is the Tank!!!! Im thinking i will just paint it... But im guessing it wont last long,, i was thinking stickers but do those last long? What do you guys think??????????

slcyclerace

Feb 10, 2002
Do anything except painting the tank. The volitle fumes osmose right through the plastic and create BIG bubbles in the paint. You could go the sticker route but I think your best bet would be to lay down the cash for a new IMS clear tank. Around $200 but trick. I have a '96" and just learned to live with it. It could be worse. It could be the color of an older TM (I think) 125...Pink.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
OK thanx!!! I figured maybe i shouldnt waste my time.. I have along way to go.. You see my 96' is stripped down to just the frame. The reason it is taking so long is the obvious one,,Money,,,, And I got a great deal on it but it was trashed!!! But i love reserecting something i really like!! Its like a big model and when its done, i get to ride it!! everything is detailed nicely considering its only a dirtbike and the first time i ride it,, it will be back to dirty.... but for now its in my Kitchen...Im doing everything to the "T"!!! The motor is at my local mechanics shop cause my bestfriend works there and hes putting my 219cc kit in and a total cleaning of the carb..Whole frame is repainted, Im rebuilding both calipers, These things were terribly dirty... I MEAN BAD!!!!!!! But i just thru my rear shock on(rebuilt and serviced)and my forks are going on(RaceTech springs).. Im still wondering if i should go with Excel and Black or Gold?? No graphics yet so i can do pritty much anything!!! But i have along way togo so i better get back to work or my riding buddies will be mad!!!!And thanx again!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Try some spray dye. It soaks in to the plastic and pigments it. I don't know how well it would hold up with fuel left in the take over a long period of time but it might be worth a shot. I used it to change the interior color of my MG Midget from a nasty tanish color to black and it worked VERY well. Doesn't flake off and saturates the surface if it's prepped well and put on per the directions. One can should be plenty. Marhyde? I think.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom