Paragon - Nov 17th

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Another great Paragon ride. The conditions were real good – loose wet soil with great grip. There was some standing water on some of the trails but that just made the whole day more entertaining. Trigger, Scooter, Rich (a non-member) and myself left the parking lot at about 10:30. We all agreed that since it was cold (low 40’s) it would be prudent to avoid some of the water. That rule lasted about 2 minutes! You work so hard at Paragon that you just never get cold so the water didn’t bother me at all. I never felt cold.

Here’s a bold statement: If you haven’t ridden with Scooter at Paragon, you haven’t rode Paragon. He knows every inch of that place. We saw great open trails, single track, and some rocks that rocked! Thanks for a great ride Dan. I look forward to riding with you again.

We broke for lunch at 12:30 or so. Trigger picked up a voice mail that his presence was required at work. Rich and I went out for a sandwich (the food trailer is gone ‘till spring) and when we got back Scooter had scooted back into the hills.

After lunch Rich and I explored the lake area and hit Turtle Hill. We packed it in at about 3:30. We had enough! Paragon has a little bit of everything for riders of all skill levels. Ride it fast, ride it slow, hit it hard or soft – you will use all of your skills and have a great time.

Not part of the ride report but very cool…When I got home my 8-year old son had something he wanted to tell me. He and his friend got up their nerve and started jumping their XR50’s over a 3-foot high table-top jump I have on my home track. I asked him “Did you like it? Will you do it again?” and he replied, “Dad, we hit it 30 times! Can you make it bigger?”

A very proud moment in this dirt-biker-dad’s life.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Bahhhh Humm bug,,, I didnt get up, My girlfriend, (driver) and I stayed out to late and woke up a bit late and I left it up to her if she felt like driving, we were both a bit green :D, she said next weekend,, Glad you guys had a great time, Ill meet up with yall yet one of these days, there are not that many bike riders up there, but there are alot more now that Paragon has picked up so well. Anyway, it looks like Ill be up Saturday, if anyone will be up Sat put a post in, I had a great time last time I was up riding Paragon with some bikers I met in there parking lot. Other wise Ill probaly just ride the East side of 81.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Thanks Gary, glad you enjoyed the ride.  I came back looking for you guys after lunch, but you were already back out on the trails, so I hooked up with another group and did some more single track until about 3:00.  then I hooked up with the park owners and finished the day out riding with them on their 03 KTM450s.  Now I'm looking forward to the Damn Yankees ride in May....hope to see everyone there.

Oh yeah, none of us attempted Howie Hill with all the wet leaves on it either, and yes the trail does go all the way through now.

Dan

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…