smwdr

Aug 25, 2003
I saw the Paragon website and it looks great. Is it very crowded on weekends and do you all recommend it for new rider?
Thanks.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not too crowded on weekends. The place is huge so you dont really see alot of people on your rides. Its not bad for new riders but best if you go with someone who has been there before. Some of the trails are really tuff on newbies and not marked that way. You can always see if there is a guide available to help you out or have them mark the trails on the map.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
It seems to get crowded on Saturdays more than Sundays. I agree, you need a quide if your a newer rider or just start sniffing around and dont be afraid to turn back. Stay off of one way trails so you can turn back untill your skills impove and your more familiar with the park.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I have led trail rides with riders of all skill levels....The last 2 weekends I was there, I was a guide for a father and son who were both new riders.  We stuck to the easy stuff, and they both had a blast.  Both of them were a little affraid of going down hills(I think the kid was more confident than his father) so I took them to an area with some small hills where they could go up and down as much as they wanted without fear of a hard fall if they didn't make it.  If there is any part of riding that you are not real comfortable with (hills, rocks, tight woods, etc......) there are short, easy sections where you can practice these things over and over to make yourself more comfortable with them. ......So there is definitely enough there for the new rider to have a great time.  And as was mentioned earlier, try to stay on mostly 2 way trails so if it does get too difficult you can turn around without getting in over your head.

Also I recommed downloading the color map from Paragons web site http://www.paragonap.com/trailmaps.htm .....it is much easier to follow than the black and white maps they have at the park, and it makes it easier to stay on the easy "green" trails. 

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
smwdr,

When are you thinking about going? I usually go to Paragon with a large group of riders, all who are at different skill levels. We'd be glad to hang with you.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Is the single track labled on that map Dan? What we gotts to do to get one of YOUR maps? Ill pay you for it!
Whats Paragon got against submaries? I see they want you to stay out of the lake now :( Hehehe

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
No single track on the map yet, but if you ask in the office, they do have a map that shows a good portion of the single that you can look at, but they don't have any coppies yet.  As for the submarine races, they have never been allowed, the lake has always been marked as "keep out" on the map, and there are also signs poisted around the lake to stay out of the water.

The map I have is old, and doesn't have all the single track on it now, plus it has lots of trails that go outside the park boundries, so I can't give out or post that map because people would be trying to follow all the trails on it.  I am working on an updated map with all the single track on it, i don't have much time to work on it now, but I will have all the trails on a map before next spring, as well as having all the single track clearly marked.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I've been to Paragon once, and I wasn't a very efficient rider at the time. Don't let Dan take you into the single track (I made it about 2 feet in and turned right around)! I found that some of the trails were fairly easy, while others were quite challenging. It's all in what you're willing to attempt. You'd be surprised at what you can conquer if you're confident and give it your all. All in all if you like rocks you're all set, it's a great place to ride!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom