Paragon ride on Sunday 7/27

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Me too. More like 9:30 or 10:00 but I'll be there...

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
We haven't heard from the Eugene on this thread yet??????  I didn't see him at the park last week, so I thought maybe he would join us.....How about it you crazy slovak......nah that doesn't sound right.......you are still the crazy czech   :aj:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Cool, thats a bit early for me so Ill probably drive up Sat night and just sleep in the van so Im ready to hop on the bike in the AM :) . How many do we expect now?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
And in case you were wondering, that is about 5475 minuites from now

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Hey... not sure I can make it this weekend, but it looks I'll be heading there for the first time in a few weeks w/ my riding buddy.

Contemplating buying a Camelbak... :confused:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
So 10am is the time. Looks like i get another hour of sleep then. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by b-b00gie
...Contemplating buying a Camelbak... :confused:
If you plan on doing any trail riding it is a very good investment. I bought an off brand one at Walmart for $35 (in the bicycle dept). It holds 70 oz and works quite well. I think the brand is called "Next" or something like that.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I may get there earlier and take a quick ride.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey! She told me she wouldn't tell anyone, and you of all people :scream:

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002

Sorry to get off topic guys, but does the part you drink from get all dirty and dusty?

Only reason I havent gotten one yet.. that and the weight and/or using it w/ a chest protector...

Hope to see you guys soon at paragon! :)

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
BTW, do any of you guys camp out when you go to Paragon? I heard there's a camp site right next door.

A little concerned though since I dont have a box trailer... just an open 3 bike trailer.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Originally posted by b-b00gie

Contemplating buying a Camelbak... :confused:

The camelbaks are great, and a must, but If you can find another brand that suits your needs, you may want to consider it.  The company who manufactures the "camelbaks" sides with the greenies in many ways that affect dirtbikes (If I can find the article supporting this I will post it)  The only thing they care about with us, is our money.  I didn't know this until after I purchased my camelbak, and am currently looking at other brands that meet my needs for my next one......no reason to support someone who doesn't support us

just my $.02

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I wear mine underneath my CP and route the hose through a zip tie I put on the front of it. It may get a bit dirty but I never noticed. You can always take a drink, swish it around and spit it out if you want.

You get used to the weight and it gets lighter as you drink. The weight isn't an issue when you are dieing for thirst and you're out in the middle of nowhere ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
She only mentioned you for comparisons sake.

BTW, she said you snore louder, too.
What you fail to mention is that she was comparing my excellent performance and endurance to your lack of it.

OK, ya got me on the snoring. I've been told I rattle dishes off the shelves :eek:

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
As of today I think I'm going to the Rattlesnake Enduro. But my brother is getting slammed with work and if he backs out I'm not driving 5 hours by myself to race. I will go to paragon instead, he has to let me know for sure by Friday night I will post Saturday if I am coming.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
This sounds like it's turning into a pretty good gathering. :)

I won't be on DRN until Monday so I'll see you guys there!!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I where my camel back over my CP, alot of newer CPs have a channel for the hose that clips in, my Camel back hose runs along the shoulder strap and loops around and the bite valve is held by a clip on the should strap too. You can get 90 degree bends and I just picked up a 90 degree shut off valve. Its a good idea to carry a spare bite valve, I was riding and the valve got cought on someting and got ripped off and I had to clamp it with a zip tie.
Yeah there is a camp right next door, no hook ups but your stuff will be safe. Its more of an outdoor club than a camp ground so most people are members and not just staying the night you know? Ill be staying there Sat night and all day Sunday.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Oh yeah if you have a problem with camel back, I have a Moose riding back pack that has a pouch and routing for a bladder and a hose, mine is a bit bigger than I need to hit the trail so I use the camel back, but as was said, a knock off like Hydrapack is only like $30 with a 70 Ml bladder compared to $80 or more for a camel back if your just going to use the bladder.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…