Paragon ride on Sunday 7/27

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
OK, now that he's gone...where are you guys *really* going to ride this weekend? :p
HA!! I caught you!!

Now[\i] I'm leaving :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
OK, now that he's gone...where are you guys *really* going to ride this weekend? :p

We are still going to Paragon, but we are going to meet at 9:00 so we are all out on the trails before he gets there :laugh:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
One more to join ya! Looks like I'm gonna be able to come out for this one! My first ride at Paragon.... Do plenty of wheeling there, but never tried the bike.. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous of all the rocks and crazy stuff I've seen there... I'll stick with the crippled group (lol) .. maybe I can keep up under those circumstances anyway...

What the heck.. you only live once right? (gulp) Looking forward to meeting y'all....

..Dave

PS: I LOVE my camelback. It's awesome. Keeps you kind of cool too if you keep it on your skin (or with only a t-shirt between you). Mine gets used every ride. You hardly even notice it back there.. Until you are really thirsty that is! As for the dirt on the mouthpiece? I never noticed it.. It's true though that the average human being eats 7Lbs. of dirt in his/her lifetime... I probly do that in a year with how often I fall down... LOL

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I thought he was gone for the weekend :| Ohh well, I guess we can't fool RM_guy

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey if it pouring down rain dont wait for me. :) I had a hard enough time there when it was dry let alone slippery wet. :eek:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
no rain in the forcast until tomorrow evening when they have a chance of T-storms.....lets all pray to the weather gods to keep it that way :worship:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well, those that didnt go missed another excellent ride lead by Ranger Dan. I'll post more later as i just wanted to say i made it home safely. It only rained the last 45mins of my trip but is really storming bad now. I need a shower but afraid i'll get zapped by lighting. :laugh: Atleast the bike might get washed by all the rain. :)

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Great ride guys.. I am SORE but feel good about the ride... I realy hope I didn't hold you all up too much.. I had a great time.. It was very cool meeting all of you finally, and am really glad I came out.

Thanks guys!

Dave

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Dave, you didn't hold us up....you gave us a chance to take a break :laugh:

But really, you did great for a beginning rider.......there are harder trails there, but what we took you on was not easy riding.  Hope to see you up there again.   I will post a ride report tomorrow, but first I need some sleep.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I made it home safe and sound too after a great day of riding. I had to go though some heavy rain on the way home as I left alot later but the big blue Bapa (my van) churned along and got me back. Ill post more later with the rest of you when I a few of the pics downloaded off my camera. All my stuff is still in the truck as it was all I could do to drag my monkey butt into the house for a heros welcome (a beer) :) .

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I got moe safe as well. I had to drive through 2 down pours on the way but pulled in about 2 minutes after my son (who left a hour earlier :eek:). Of course he stopped off dinner and had to drop off his buddy. I'm not looking forward to tearing into his bike to determine why it's fouling. Probably a bad right crank seal.

I had a great time and when I get a spare moment I'll post a ride report.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I was wishing what I got stuck in on the way home was a downpour....INstead, I got stuck in 13 miles of bumper to bumper Pocono Raceway traffic on Rt. 80 East.. :ugg: Not fun... Apparently there was a big event there yesterday, and they let out around the same time we did... It didn't rain by me until later that night...I was hoping it might get some of that roost mud all of you gave me throughout the day. Nobody mentioned that it looked like I was wearing a chocolate donut on my face when I left.. My girlfriend was not amused when I went to kiss her! haha.. :confused: :scream:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
LOL Dave, see you should have hung out with me, I found some campers having a pi-i-nic and Yogied two broughts, a berger and 2 beers off em before loading up and heading out, there was even a short drizzel to semi wash my bike off.
Dirt Doughnut? Dude I though you had a goatee! LOL! :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Sorry Dave, I forgot to tell you about the race.......I left about an hour after you, but probably got home before you, it pays to know the back roads :laugh: I got off 80 at 380 to the first exit (exit 3), and took the back roads through the poconos, and got back on 80 by the Water Gap.  No traffic at all :yeehaw:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Good one Dave! I didnt say anything as everyone there had a dirt donut. Heck RM_Dave looked like a football player with all the dirt smeared under his eyes. :) As for your traffic jam, there was 2 construction zones i had to go thru. Luckily west bound was straight thru but east bound was backed up 10 miles or more for each one. Poor saps who finally got thru the first one thought they were easy going til they got down the road to the next one. :laugh:

NRB

May 4, 2003
That was a great ride guys, sorry to say I had normal traffic and no rain on my way home, but I was too worn out to even clean up my bike. That was the first time that I rode with Dan and I like his style of letting you know where you are and where you are going plus making sure that everyone is still together. That was some tough single-track between the rocks and having both sides of the handle bars hitting trees at the same time. I'm still waiting on that photo of Dave coming up that hill so I can show my wife what Dan threw us into.

Nathan

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah I got the photos, Tree Jumper, Ill sell em to ya for ohhhh say $9.95 , but wait, theres more, act now and Ill thorw in some Avon Skin so soft, a $15 value! :) LOL, Yeah I Dl ed them to the PC last night but didnt have time to email or burn them so I could resize and post them at work, Ill do it tonight and Ill try to post them tomorow. They turned out good, the rattle snake pics did too! :) .

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Wow, only $9.95!!!!!! I cant pass up a deal that good. Plus i can have a nice soft and shinny bike too! :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have to get in on this deal!!! Send me 2 ;)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Should I post the ride report here or in the ride report forum?
For those who cant wait for the pics :) heres the prize winner in full res.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/Dave1

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Thanks! Great photo! Perfect timing.... I can't believe I did it twice... At least you guys were there to grab the bike before I launched it a second time though... :thumb:

lol

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Put the ride report in the Ride Report forum.

That was a fun little hill climb, right Dave?:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…