parts interchange between the kdx 200 and the 220

ridedirty

Oct 4, 2008
heres the deal i own a 98 kdx220 and i need a spare parts donor bike i know that the parts from the kdx 220s from 96 to 2003 will interchange but what abought the parts from the kdx200 in the same years will they also interchange

i understand that there is a 25cc difference in the bikes and any top end part swaping (if it is possible )would require changing piston cylinder and head together

the reason for this is i got a 24 hr enduro to race in a few months and they allow a spare parts bike in your pit im have a hard time finding a used running 220 in my parts bike price range but i have found a few 200s i havent been able to do a up close comparison of the 220 and a 200 side by side as all the bikes i found are like 4 hours away so any info on swaping part between the to bike would be a great help
thanks mike :bang:

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
You can swap anything but the piston and you can swap it if you swap cylinder and all. Anything as far as brake levers, gear shifter all the same. Carbs are not the same size but will interchange. Its same bike except for cc's and carb.

liven07

Mar 29, 2009
my 87 kdx 200 come up in parts unlimited catalog as a 220 when they sent me the rod i just put it in,the lower rod bearing lined up right so did the pin for the piston when i had it together i turned it by hand and the piston hit the head it was about 1/8 inch to long. I ended up using it any way, i had to fab 2 16 gauge metal spacers for the bottom of the cylinder, its kinda of cool because i can adjust my compression by putting in or taking out a gasket.

Top Bottom