JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Is there a Yamaha dealer in the area?

Will the parts truck be there again this year?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I was in there yesterday.  I'm working on getting them to bring a demo bike out this year and maybe some prizes to boot.  Nice people.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by TTRGuy

Really, I didn't know that. Did TreeJumper buy his at the same place? Very cool if they sold 2 new bikes due to DW :thumb: Cool even if the sold 1 actually.

Two new 450F's.  The guy had only been open a short while.  Believe me, he knows/remembers DRN and DW02.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the owner has been a riding buddy of mine for several years. he was an electrical engineer but gave that up to open a shop. he tried to get a honda franchise too but said that honda won't allow any dual line dealerships anymore. he's a good guy. he made me a very good offer for '03, "just to get me off that honda"-his words. i am considering it. if you see my signature change to yamaha of stillwater, you'll know i took him up on it. :cool:

he's the one that was going to loan dubach the 450 last year if he couldn't get his bike here from ca.

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
he's the one that was going to loan dubach the 450 last year if he couldn't get his bike here from ca.

Yep, Dubach didnt need it so i bought it. :)

The only thing i can tell you is if you have an old bike, bring your own parts. The shop was only open for alittle over a month when we arrived. My 86 YZ250 died and they didnt have any parts for a bike older than mid 90's. So if your bike cant use parts from a newer model than bring some spares. I dont know if they'll have more in stock this year or not. Last year they knew about it but didnt think they would get so much business. I told them to be prepared as i break things easily, bikes, legs! :)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
They were still moving in. I tried to get some jets, but they didn't even know which box they were in. ;) Glad they sold those bikes and I'll bet they are all set up now.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
He has sold 6 450F's and just got in two WR450F's Thursday.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I hate to pull business from him but there is a good chance one of our local shops may be interested in coming out. They have a boxvan and a 30 foot trailer that they take to races evrey weekend and they would pull it out fully stocked. The guys that man it went wild when I described Dirtweek and they figured it was a great way to get to Cooperland for some riding of their own.
If they do come I'll tell him go lighter on the Yamaha stuff and heavier on the other brands as well as extra kitty litter boxes for Elk

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
They were still in the crates.  Hope he'll have one on the showroom next week.

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Hey, they were great to me, took parts off a new bike to keep my kid going. "no way are you guys coming out here and not ride over a few parts"

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Don't forget the Cycle Werkz guys. They had some sweet deals on tires and boots going on. I know they came in handy for me. Hope we can have a similar setup this time around.

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
I was nice having them there, got a couple of things from them, hope they're back this year. But don't show up empty handed thinking everuthing you'll need will be onsite, they can't carry that much stuff. My boys go thru levers and perches like you wouldn't believe, I didn't carry any extra cause I thought "cool,, i can get them there" don't bet on it.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Pffffffttttt! Who needs a parts truck? There are plenty of good parts just waiting to be harvested all around the woods and pits! Thanks Oldguy, you're da man!;)

Top Bottom