_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Well, the day finally came. I picked up a PW50 for the twins yesterday afternoon! :yeehaw: They are absolutely loving it! Can't wait to get them out of the neighborhood and in the dirt......

015.jpg

001.jpg

012-1.jpg

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Cool, my boys are twins ( a little older, hmmmm 28ish) but I started them on my old XR80 when they were peanuts. They already were riding the neighbors mini bike so they did ok moving right on a bigger frame. Anyway, have fun with that. And by the way, my biggest obsticle was getting one off and the other on so it wasn't long before we picked up a new XR100 - and that's how the racing career started.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Those are the best times. :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
And so it begins. :cool: :cool:

Very cool Joe.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, after an evening of switching it's apparent we need another one, lol. They're doin great with taking turns for now though. I have a Briggs powered mini bike in the garage but it's still too tall/heavy for them. This PW came with training wheels too so it can go to little sis in a couple years.

Bob, the camera is about 10 years old, lol. Simple point and shoot Olympus that was 100 bucks new. I suck at photography but my wife gets some impressive shots with it. She likes it because it's so much more portable then the DSLR.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
:yeehaw:

they are big!!! i remember a photo you posted while ago when they start riding, seems like only a couple of months...
those are some happy faces for sure!

congrats on new bike, now it´s time to hot rod it :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
There's nothing like the smile of a kid with his first bike. I can still remember my son's face 25 years ago when I gave him his first one. :)

BTW, bikes can become a great parenting tool to persuade kids to do what they're suppose to do! ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ditto, on all of the above posts, especially, RM_guys! Joe, I have been practicing, with my seemingly, stupid fancy phone! Do you have the axle or foot peg centered training wheels?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I guess they go on the frame under the pegs. I just threw them up in the attic in the garage until it's time for little sis to think about riding it. I took some time yesterday to pull it apart and route the throttle cable properly and clean the air filter. Figured I'd give it bath while I was at it. It's REALLY clean! Aside from a few scuffs and stress marks on the plastic it looks new. They're sooooo happy with it. Our little yard already has a pretty good wear pattern! Lucky for us they're really well behaved kids but it's always nice to have some leverage when you need it. If it doesn't rain this weekend we're going to take them out to my Dads to do some mudding. He's got 10 acres with some woods and a field so they should have a blast. If we get out there I'm sure there will be some pics/videos to share.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool, Joe! Since I don't have kids, I have to enjoy this thru your pics and enthusiasm. Makes me want to ride(as if I needed another reason).

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Cool!

My wife always makes this point: "The very same day our boys learned to ride a bicycle, John (me) had them on a motorcycle."

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
We've been thinking about getting them one for years. They learned to ride bicycles at 2 and the training wheels were off by 3. I'm sure they could have ridden the PW a couple years ago. They just turned 6 in July. Watching them ride it now I'm glad we waited. They're plenty big enough to throw it around and they can pick it up easily if they drop it. It rained all night wednesday and a little yesterday afternoon so the ground was pretty slick after school. I'm DEFINITELY going to need a BIG bag of grass seed in the spring, lol. :ride: It was awesome watching back it in around the little trees in the yard and then hammer down. It gets loose on them when the clutch grabs and it takes off. They LOVE it, haha. ;) Looks like we're in for some entertaining rides! It's supposed to rain more today and saturday then we plan to ride sunday. Should be fun teaching them how to stay upright in the mud. At least they get all excited about washing it when they're done. :)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I think they're old enough now that it will be burned in pretty well.

We didn't get out until last sunday due to cold, rainy weather. Fortunately it was 80 degrees and had been dry for a few days. They did waaaaaay better than I expected! There's no beaten trails in the woods out there, it's all littered with saplings and fallen/rotten logs and sticks. The base is soft and the top layer is all leaves and mulch. They definately had some practice crashing but loved every second of it. They're good at letting the bike move around under them, I even watched them get over a few angled logs without losing it. Sooo funny seeing them all sideways but keeping it up! :) My Dad and his neighbors think it's the coolest thing ever too so they're (I'm) allowed to build them some trails on about 25 acres of land in the spring. My Dad's a big hunter and asked us to wait until spring so it doesn't disturb his deer trails. I think I'm going to look at a 2000 XR50 sunday.......... ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sounds like they are hooked for sure.

BTW, deer trails and how most of my trail start out, Hey look, I wonder where that goes? :)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Deer trails make for good singletrack......once you trim the tree branches anyway.

Top Bottom