tmanva

Dec 14, 2002
I just purchased a 2000 KDX-220. The sprokets and chain will need to be replaced soon. I want low to mid power and don't care about all out top end speed. Any suggestions about front/rear sproket combinations would be appreciated and any specific manuf. chain info.

Any other performance hints or web links of info would be helpful too.

Thanks. Tony

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
Raising the # of teeth on the back spocket, and/or lowering the teeth on the front will give your a more responsive bottom end. Not sure what your gearing is now but for greater chain/sprocket life you should raise the back sprocket up a few teeth instead of dropping the front. As for chains, i've had o-ring and non o-ring and while the non o-ring chains require a little more maintenance, you cant go wrong with a top quality chain of either kind.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
If you want more bottom end consider the fmf kg-35(woods) pipe. It doesn't affect the top end, but makes a noticable difference on the bottom end.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
The kg-35(woods) pipe gives all around power on the 200. It didn't effect the top end on my 220 at all. What am I saying, the 220 doesn't have any top end. At least stock or with the kg-35. Now add the DF II, that's a different story.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom