Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Picked it up yesterday at Yellow freight. Had it sent down from Service Honda. :yeehaw:

ran a few heat cycles on it yesterday after uncrating. Dumed the oil and a few more heat cycles.... after my inital ride I'll dump oil again and be ready to roll.

Inital impressions:
Way better color and front fender is killer. They moved the CDI to directly behind the number plate, a little tight if you run the Enzo sub-tanks but they do fit, cood use of space. From the neighborhood tide I did it feels like it revs way faster than the 03 off bottom. Renthals are a cool addition this year. The seat is taller and is a gripper but the color of the side of the seat is the color of the 03 plastic, not as red as the 04... no biggie, just pointing it out. The seat also feels WAY softer. :think: The head pipe ad muffler are WAY different than the 03. Same crappy foot pegs, they are gonna pack up at the first sig of mud (will be changing ASAP). I felt a little crapmed as compared to the 03 but I had an Emig clamp and tall bars on it (I will be making the same adjustment to this bike) The quick adjust clutch actually works, as a matter of fact it flat out rocks! Not quite as easy to adjust as a Works Connection pearch but damn close. The front brake is sick, but it may be the same as the 03, I have been riding the baby Yami lately so anything is better than that. The clutch it SUPER light. Neutral is a bitch to find, I don't know it it will get easier with break in but I seiously could not get it into N with my foot at first, it did get easier after a few rides up and down the street, but still a biotch. The owners manual sucks, I wanted to make sure the spacers were on properly on the front wheel as i was installing it.... They don't tell you anything other than the torque specs on the pinch bolts. Nothing on front wheel installation or removal, ssame story for rear wheel. Lots of good tech info, inside the motor and carb stuff though.

Thats it for now, will let you know more after riding. :thumb:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Uncrating it. :yeehaw:

Attachments

• crate.jpg
    crate.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 288

RVL

Mar 3, 2000
Ryan is correct. The hydraulic brake line needs to go to the inside of the fork protector. You will be bummed if you tear it off in a crash or a bush tears it off and then you have no front brake for the rest of the moto.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
you shore got a purty bike mister! :thumb:
BTW - did Jeremy have a go at it before you had it delivered?

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Well.... it is WAY different than the 03 mostly in the gearing. I will do a write up on my impressions of the differences between 03 - 04. I think it needs some changes to be right on the money, but then again the 03 did too...

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Speedfrk
Hey Thump...

How do the spacer on the front wheel go ????

I put the small "Ridge/lip" next to the rim.

Just wondering.

Thanks !
Yeah the manual oes not say anything about that does it? I put the small lip facing inward too.

Top Bottom