Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
Has anyone taken pics or have come across a site that shows a jetting of a KDX 220 card? I want to work on my carb but am still new to all this so pics help or fetailed info.

I did a air box mod and want to check the jetting.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Just to be disagreeable......

Useful? Only in showing how it's not done.

Plug color has nothing to do with reading air/fuel mixtures. This has been discussed to a rather large extent on this (and probably other) forums.

There was a thread on this board complete with pictures of what a 'good' plug looked like...and what it did not look like.

In the forum change, that info all went by the wayside. The pics are gone (were last time I checked). No input from anyone on getting them back or caring much one way or the other.

Cool, huh?

Check THIS to see a pic of what you're looking for.

Post #8.

Make that ring 1mm and you're done with the main (having run the test right in the first place).

A whole lotta the rest has to do with response and feel.

Cheers!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Yes useful, not everyone has your experience and they have to start somewhere.The pics show generally accepted info. I agree that other ways to determine jetting are more accurate but we can't all be canyncrvr. ;^)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Well YeeHAw!

Questions were asked and personal supplication made to the Ring of the Lords. It appears something indeed got resolved.

Great! Thanks to the powers that be and the applicators of some 'steam!!' ;)

Yes, mr. jeff...that is indeed the thread. I know which thread it was, but didn't link to it cuz the pics were gone, so wasn't much point to it at the time. The pics have been missing since the forum transistion. All I'd heard was an acknowledgement that they were gone...but not that anything was going to change in that regard.

THANKS!!

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
but WAIT! Have we heard a rather large rotund lady sing? (Which is an obscure way of saying that "I don't think it's quite over yet"). I'd be glad to take credit for somehow being involved in saving the free world - however, try this

plug pics old link

and then this

plug pics after forum change

The first link is from a bookmark that I had downloaded onto my computer several months ago. The second one was found today by using the "search" function.

You'll find that the first one has pictures; the second one does not.
So are there two DRN forums out there in cyberspace? Will the real DRN please stand up!

Last edited:

gator kdx

Oct 30, 2002
From the url it sure looks like the thread id's are different.

The database could be using 2 different thread id's to point at the same thread. However, that still doesn't explain one of the threads rendering the pictures and the other not.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I have a headache........

Your first link (old) is to thread #60392.

Your second (new) is to thread #48348...which is the thread # I have in MY favorites list from months ago.

But..my bookmarked link (to #48348) doesn't show the pics.

Of course, the syntax of the two links is completely different, so it's no wonder they don't go to the same place.

So, yes. It appears there are two, Two, TWO drns in cyberspace.

:think:...why not just link the 'new' to the 'old' so everything still works regardless which link you use?

Now there's a thought!!

Where I'd gotten sidetracked was being on a computer that didn't HAVE the old bookmark to test...but I did determine that if I clicked on the old link that I'd previously noted in an earlier thread that it DID work. So, I thought it was good-to-go.

Criminently. Seems a mess to me.

Where's my advil??

**edit**
No fat lady singing 'round here.

I just looked at link you posted as 'new' (found thru search).

NO PICTURES THERE EITHER. NOT AT THIS TIME, ANYWAY!

It worked on saturday.

Cripes summore.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom