Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Anyone out there pimpin' one of the new XR50s? :yeehaw: Curious as to what you've done to address some of the shortcomings of placing an adult rider on such a small bike. I know of the companies making parts for these, but I'm looking for anyone with feedback/experience. Thanks.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I thought I would sell my daughters' xr50 when she outgrew it. Now I can't wait until she outgrows it so I can modify it for myself. The thing is fun to ride as is. I have to remember where that throttle limiter was set at. Honey the brake, the brake wait ... ohhh, are you ok?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Probably my next bike purchase... backyard racing is a blast!

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
My buddys wife got him a stock 03 xr 50 for christmas. He has done the upgrades thru FAST50's, bars, clamps, throttle, springs... I didnt think I would get sucked into this craze,needless to say, I rode it Thursday nite briefly, Now I am looking to buy one hopped up already... I figure it would be fun, could let the wife learn on it. I dont know, Just another thing to throw money at..

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Oh well, just bought a tricked out xr50 tonite. I couldnt resist because it was already set up for the most part...
fast50's barclamp,bar,throttle, springs,graphics,seatfoam,pc t4 pipe,and a few others...i just ordered a rear spring,extended shifter lever and a skid plate. I now feel guilty buying it since we have been house shopping for 2 years with a pending contract, but..I had the dough, and I have heard so much about how fun these bikes are. I figure to let some of the family toy around on it as well..... ;)

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I was at the Honda dealer the other day to look at a bike for my 9 yr old daughter. I had her sit on the XR50 and she was huge on it! She is 4'-5". I decided to maybe get her the XR70 instead. Is the XR50 the right bike for her? It's not too small?

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by Jackpiner57
I was at the Honda dealer the other day to look at a bike for my 9 yr old daughter. I had her sit on the XR50 and she was huge on it! She is 4'-5". I decided to maybe get her the XR70 instead. Is the XR50 the right bike for her? It's not too small?

I'm sure the 50 would pull her around with no problem. It pulls me at a good speed and I'm over 200lbs. But at her hight she would probably be better suited for the 70. the 70 also has a throttle limiter and a semiautomatic clutch like the 50.
You may get more information if you post this question in the "what bike do I get...?" forum. Also tell them what experience she has if any.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom