Pipe mounting brackets

bh

Nov 26, 2001
I have a 93 kdx200 with the stock pipe and the little mounting brackets (the flat piece of steel with the rubber block with the stud embeded) broke. So my question is where can I get these brackets. And is there anything else I can use untill I get the new brackets? Thanks in advance for the help.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You'll need to order one from your local Kawasaki dealer.

Try a simple fix . . . drill a hole through the tow pieces and install a nut and bolt. If you need to line them up first make one hole larger than it needs to be so you have some adjustment and just be sure to use a larger washer on that end.

David

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
For the bottom mount on my 96 kdx, I used a piece of old sidewall and knob from a rear tire. Now it sounds stupid but it works. After all the mount is only as strong as the rubber between the two pieces of metal. With the tire knob it is even more rubber and tires are tuff items. Cut the portion out with a hack saw and then the side wall part gets bolted to the frame and the knob portion is where the pipe's bolt goes through.

bh

Nov 26, 2001
Thanks for the advice, i'll try both suggestions.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
I had success with this:

Clean all surfaces with a wire wheel.
Pre-clean surfaces with acetone (not the nail cleaning stuff with oil in it, the real stuff)
Apply Automotive GOOP glue to one surface.
Fit the pieces in a vice and apply compression overnight.
good as new.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…