Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
i was reading an article in MXA about the 02 cr 125 and ways to increase the power. They put on an FMF pipe/silencer combo and put a 3mm spacer in between the pipe and cylinder. They said this increased the torque. Has anyone tried this, if you have what were your reults. Can you do this with other bikes? other pipes? any help is apprectiated thxs!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
At the risk of being over general a longer head pipe will favor lower rpm on two stroke engines. Pipe spacers are relatively cheap and easy to try out to see if you actually like the difference in power.

although I dont believe that any magazines are lying to you I don't completely trust thier "hot setup". That is what "THEY " like which might not be what you want /need. The best possible thing is to buy everything possible for your bike and try each and every combination to see what you like . Of course that is a bit ridiculous and expensive so reading about how the different modifactions affected their bike can be agreat help. But you have to read between the lines on whether or not it is worth it for you to spend the money.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Very well said jmics19067! I am so tired of hearing "the hot setup". Shift, head the man's very good advise. Try things for yourself as much as possible and keep an open mind, you will soon be as cynical as many of us around here :D

As far as the pipe spacers go, I have found them to be effective (and more importantly cheap and easy) in changing the power more towards the lower rpm portion of the scale.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Shift-mx you'll be hard pressed to feel any difference with the 3mm spacer. We dynoed a 4mm spacer in a DEP pipe and gained no low to mid power just lost .5 at peak. Since all pipes will act differently to the spacer, try it if you must, if you have any doubt then leave it out. :think: :confused:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom