handleme46

Apr 11, 2003
i keep breaking pipe springs whenever i jump my bike. The only one that goes is the top spring. what am i doing wrong? the pipe is connected at all the mounts and is tightly secured. someone pleez help me out thanx

handleme46

Apr 11, 2003
thanx i was using the fmf ones to replace the old ones il have to try oem springs, i wonder if it even matters that much if i dont have a top spring? the pipe isnt going anywhere with or without it on. anybody know if they are even necessary?

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
I would run it, as long as i was positive it wasnt going anywhere. Its just one of those things you worry about when you are riding. I bought FMF pipe springs and they crapped out on me after about 5 hours of riding. Anyway, dont come after me when your bike ****s the bed;-)

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I will have to ditto the flame on the FMF springs, they lasted a whole 1 ride before I noticed that one of them was broken, the bottom one lasted 3 rides!!! :(

handleme46

Apr 11, 2003
hahaha , yea my lower spring is still on, but im not trusting it. i guess if i feel the need to il just get the oem springs later sum time thanx for the info

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Try some springs from an automotive supply place. They are usually a buck each and way better than even o.e.m. Wrap them with a piece of duct tape to stop them wearing prematurely.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom