my03gt

Oct 22, 2006
Hey guys i bought my 99 yz 125 with a fmf fatty pipe and a fmf silencer. Is the stock alot louder cause this things nuts loud! i want to tone mine down a bit so i can ride it around the blocks for tuning and what not. Is there a better silencer to tone it down?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Is your silencer freshly packed?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
4 strokes are much louder!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
trial_07 said:
4 strokes are much louder!
:think:

If the silencer on it is a shorty then it will be loud even if you repack it and a stock one would make less noise. If you are serious about making in quiet then get a FMF Q silencer. It will rob a bit of power but it is very quiet.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
FMF Q robs some power seriously? I was planning on getting one for my next bike.

freakonaleash

Nov 1, 2006
They Give your bike more power, but there less power relative to a shorty or whatever else. A silencer wont rob your bike of very much power, it wont even be noticable

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
trial_07 said:
FMF Q robs some power seriously? I was planning on getting one for my next bike.
It takes away the snap and smooths out the power. It does rob some low end power because of it's length but m ;) ost mortals don't use all the power wnyway!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
trial_07 said:

It's not that it "robs" power (if you call 0.50 HP or so robbing), but it does move the power band more towards the mid-range. I haven't tried an FMF-Q on a two stroke, but I can tell you that it complemented the power characteristics of my 4-stroke quite well.

And, it is much quieter. Unless you are fighting for the points lead in your local AMA district, that's all that matters.

Loud Sucks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom