Jul 20, 2005
I would like to hear some opinions regarding piston designs.
OEM, HIGH FLOW, LOW FLOW.

I have thought high flow was the way to go but with some research am now understanding the the amount of flow that would pass through the ports depends on the damping rod dia. and travel. If this is true then some of these large port designs flow way more than needed. So why the large port, Is there something im missing? I currently am a RT dealer and have had great results with their product. WOW my head is spinning now that im trying to learn more on the suspension thoery besides what I was taught

Also how about the new RT digressive valve, Penske has used this theory and has some great info ontheir site regarding it.

DH41

Nov 13, 2005
here's my thoughts,

hi flow vs. low flow

I believe that actual fluid displacement pastthe valve is very close among most valve designs.
The question that comes to my mind is what are we trying to accomplish? Is it nessasary to dramatically change flow rates to achieve your goal?Or, is that just a selling point?
I believe that changing flow characteristics relative to speed i.e. digressive, linear, linear to digressive can help you achive a better damping charateristic than OEM depending on your prefrences and riding style. Which is better? Depends on who its for? Im having a lot of fun with linear to digressive, but thats just me :ride:

Dan

+30

Aug 2, 2005
Im a c class (trying to go to b class) hack like everyone else, the thing I noticed about the race tech stuff on an 03 cr was the valving charts supplied along with the piston, I think the piston is the eye candy that may have little effect and the valving recomendations are the difference in handling, I did the controversial midvalve check deal and the bike was noticeably easier to handle in the high speed chop with the rt setup, almost everyone i know who used rt after stock has said the same. anywhere else on the track i cant feel a difference from stock. Now I have a different bike with stock set up and am noticing the same harshness on highspeed stuff , may do it again to this bike, but would like to hear more on this topic about high/low flow before tearing into an mostly comfortable stock setup.

Top Bottom