piston replacement tools

Konrad 420

Feb 14, 2003
Im tired of wrestling with my piston rings when ever i do the top end!! Does anyone know where to get a good piston ring compressor? What are you guys using to hold the piston in place while sliding the head on? Im usind a piece of wood that ive made, but is there a proper tool? Im wrenching on my RM 125 by the way.....thanks

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
I have always inserted the piston and rings into the cylinder first, then install the pin thru the rod. This way you can be sure to get the ring/rings lined up and into the cylinder correctly, and it's easier if you're by your self.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
That compressor is 26.00 U.S. That's 35.00 Cdn. dude.
Just get a friend or neighbour to help. One set of hands to hold the piston and compress the rings and the other set to lower the jug.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I usually put the piston in the cylinder first too although on a 125 the piston is small enough and there is more room to just hold the rings with your fingers. The piston in the bore really does work slick though

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…