Pivot Pegz - Anyone try them yet?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I can see where those would be really useful on most any bike but especially so on a trials bike. Better foot positioning allows a better platform for maintaining balance. I'd think it would allow better control when operating the rear brake as well, :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I was thinking the same thing Pat. I'm gonna buy a set and try them out. I'll post a review after I play with them for a while.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
I've had the pegz on for a month or two now but only had about 2hrs riding on them. They are very good quality and well finished, although a while back the importer posted me a replacement set of springs ( completely unsolicited ) with a note explaining that some users had experienced premature wear and the springs had been upgraded, I call that good service. In use, I have noticed easier gear changing and an overall "more secure" feel, but unfortunately can't say whether or not this has led to decreased lap times. The other markedly obvious effect has been much less boot wear. The pegz still look "as new".

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks Muddy, sounds like a good company to deal with.

windfall

Trials Paddler
May 1, 2003
You can take this however you want, but Labor Day weekend, I got a chance to ride David Chaves' 4t 3.2 (which Ryan Young was competing on) in KY and it did not have the pivot pegs. :think:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Well, I figure nothing ventured nothing gained, so I ordered a set from Ryan and we'll see how it goes. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The trials gods all have their little things they like or dislike but in general can adapt to most any bike pretty quickly. Ray Peters used to run a carb he adapted from a jet ski on his Scorpa along with a roller bearing throttle for the feel and quick response he wanted, but jumped on my Montesa and did the exact same line when I said "Yeah but you have that works equipment." (in a weak attempt to justify my face dab).

BTW Rich has one of those super smooth Ray Peters throttle assys with a ball bearing roller wheel that he didn't like because it was too smooth.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
While sitting in tight woods sections, I have a hard time flexing my ankle up to depress the rear brake pedal. It's adjusted for a standing position, which is about 90% of the time.

I'm really interested to see if the Pivot Pegz would make it easier to actuate the rear brake while sitting. What I'm concerned about though is the loosey-goosey feel of the pegs while standing, weighting pegs for turning, balance, using body english, etc.

Looking forward to the review!

Last edited:

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
This is a bit off topic of trials but I believe White Bros. has a similar idea only their pegs do not "piviot" rather you piviot your boot on the elevated center rib of teeth seems like that would be better for mx/woods applications and maybe take out the "loosey goosey" feel. Although I have basis to compare at this point in time.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The PivotPegz also have a range adjuster incase you don't want as much movement, pretty slick.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I ordered them today and got a chance to talk to Ryan Young. He said it takes a couple of rides to get used to them but once you do you never want to go back. I'm looking forward to trying them out. Fuji better start practicing. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I love them. They are well made, fit great and feel really natural when you are on the bike. I'd defintely recommend them.

Last edited:

youngr51

Jul 20, 2004
I have them on my montesa, havent tried to much other than around the yard, but really nice quality. They weigh a ton though.

Yz250JdT250

Apr 26, 2004
I was thinking about buying the power pegs, and searched them on this site finding the topic that lead me to this one. I did not know about pivot pegs though.

Rich Rorich, that link you put to the Pivot Pegz does work, but it looks like Ryan Young Products discontinued them...

Do you know anything about this, I would like to buy the Pivot Pegz if they are higher quality.

:laugh:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I have set of these on my 450.. I love em.. I may go ahead and get some for the 125 too...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Yz250JdT250 said:
So how do you know that the power pegs are cheaper quality?

All you have to do is look at them side by side to answer that.:)

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Are these just good for trials, or have you liked them on your mx/x-country bikes as well? I've been interested in them, but I had no clue how they would feel racing...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…