Places to ride in Northern Maryland/PA

oldrmguy

Apr 10, 2001
I may be relocating to the Northern Maryland area in the near future and was curious about the riding around there. I'll be close to the Pennsylvania border( York County). I currently live in Tennessee and the riding is great....almost all year round riding. What about the Maryland area? How long can you ride there?

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
What type of riding are you interested in? What ever type of riding you are doing can be done all year long. My club hold an enduro 30 minutes west of York, Pa. in the Michaux State Forest.

oldrmguy

Apr 10, 2001
thanks for the update.....I do a lot of woods riding and some hare scrambles here in Tennessee....is that state forest open to riding all the time or just for certain events like the enduro you mentioned?

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Denny,

Are there any easy trails in Micheaux? I'd like to take my begining son out there? Can you ride any time out there?

Oldrm,

There are a few places that offer trails and track. Here's the biggest, about 1.5 hours north of York. This place is trails, for miles and miles.

www.towercitytrailriders.com

vetwfo'er

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Sorry vetwfo'er, but I have to disagree about the largest area...... Paragon is over 15,000 acres of trails for all skill levels. I have never been to Tower City, but people I have spoken with prefer Paragon. It is about 20 or 30 minutes further north from TC. They also have plans for motocross, supercross, and enduro tracks in the near future.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here's another vote for Paragon. Great place with a wide variaty of trails.

Scooter, I'm looking forward to the MX tracks. Are they still planned for this fall?

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Michaux as most PA State Forest land is ATV only. South Penn Enduro Riders has a special permit for members only. Have you ever tried Shade Mountain in Juniata County. It is the only Enduro Trail system on state land. Also the Proving Grounds in Breezewood is a nice small private area. As for Hare Scrambles in the area check out District 5, 6, 7, and the ECEA web pages. From Northern MD you can race somewhere every weekend March to November.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Denny,

What club is that? Do you have any info on it?

vetwfo'er,

Where in SE PA do you ride? I'm really looking for places and people to ride with.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy, I believe the tracks are delayed slightly, but should be in the near future. I will try to get more information on them as soon as I can. All the tracks are being profesionally built so it will be worth the wait.

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
dk,

I ride mostly at the club I belong to, Happy Ramblers. Unfortunately the track is closed due to lack of water. So now I'm venturing out and riding some other tracks. Happy Ramblers is in Hanover, Pa and you pay a yearly $85 membership, work six race and prep days and as a member you have a key to the track.

I was thinking about rocket raceway (pa) or the landing (md) this sunday. Interested?

vetwfo'er

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy, Well I was wrong again.....Work on the motocross tracks will be starting soon at Paragon, so they do still plan on having them open this fall. I will keep you informed when they have a more definite date.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by scooter1130
RM_guy, Well I was wrong again.....Work on the motocross tracks will be starting soon at Paragon, so they do still plan on having them open this fall. I will keep you informed when they have a more definite date.
:):) Looks like a fall at Paragon ride is in order.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom