overkill2

Sep 27, 2006
What's Vintage anyway??

>>>>>>>

I know this questions has been asked more than once. First of all, yes I've searched through the archives, however this is where the "twist" part comes into play. Here's what I'm working with::

89 YZ 125 (Beat to Sh*t) (-)
Free to me (+)
Good Bones (+)
Motor rattle, shaking at bit. (-). Crank bearing I bet.

Here's the real question. Where does one find replacement plastics (not white) for this bike?

I'd like to invest some serious time in a full restore but I've never liked the white years of the ole YZ. Personally I'm leaning towards a retro yellow bike much like the recent anniversary addition bikes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. What are my options?

mxken9

Aug 6, 2006
plastics

with a lil mod'in you should be able to use some plastics from an newer bike.you could buy some new one from maier

ken :ride:

o ya i have had one just like yours and it is "da bomb"

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
overkill2 said:
What's Vintage anyway??
I know this is a little off to the left but vintage and plastic to me is a Preston Petty front fender!

overkill2

Sep 27, 2006
mdkuder said:
overkill2 said:
What's Vintage anyway??
I know this is a little off to the left but vintage and plastic to me is a Preston Petty front fender!

I see what your point or the lack of that is.. Ok so I dropped be the local Yamaha shop on the way home today and I think I am SOL. Outside of taking the chance of a newer year tank, sides, etc.. being "franken biked" into place, I think I'm stuck with white. Bummer :(

Top Bottom