Vilimous

Jul 5, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)5'10, 165
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? medium
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? MX/SX Tracks, Sand Pits/ Quarries, some trails.
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes
5) Do you think you will race ? no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? so so
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Kind of leaning toward 2 stroke but you tell me.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes, everything
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 1500-2000
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 30
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. I have been riding a 03 KX100 for about 6 months now. I know it is way too small for me but i was just getting back into riding from 15 years ago and that was the only thing i could find. Though very tough to ride, i have gotten pretty comfortable on it for as long as i can take my back getting abused. I am looking to sell this and get a bigger bike. A couple of friends ride 4 strokes, but i kind of like the feel of a 2 stroke. I was wondering if a 2 stroke 250 would be too much for me to handle due to experience level. Thanks in advance.

May 10, 2007
i would say a KTM XC over the KDX. if your doing MX and trails you cant go wrong with an XC. they really are made for people who want to do both.

a kdx is good but i believe the suspension isnt as good and wouldnt be great for an MX track.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
KDX, either 220 or 200. Reasonable handling, good power, and as reliable as a brick. Has a big gas tank, (though not as big as my RMX). ;) Parts prices are reasonable, especially compared to some other brands. Pretty good for everything except serious track racing. :nod:

Most used ones will already have a pipe and silencer. Some are really tricked out, with everything you could ever want.

Check around the internet. There are good deals on brand new leftover KDX's around.

Rotor

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom