Please help...do I have the stock jet needle in my RM??

Steve10

Jan 24, 2004
Just bought a '93 RM 125 a week ago and have stripped to the frame to clean everything, replace bearings, and rebuild the motor. If all my parts arrive tomorrow, I should get it together by Sun. Last night I took the carb apart to clean and see how the previous owner had it jetted, when I noticed the jet needle clip was in the top position. So I looked closer at the needle and compared it to the Clymer. The markings on the needle installed are 6AEJ2-63. The Clymer says 6AEJ0-63. I called the local dealer and they said it should be 6AEJ02-63, so they say it's probably the right one. Does anyone have info on this? This bike still has the stock pipe, and no special porting or anything, so I don't know why someone would change needles. It's just strange that they had it set that lean. The main jet is a 340 so that's two sizes down from stock, and the pilot is the stock 55, so that's probably not far off for here in central TX. Thanks for any help, it's been awhile since I messed with dirtbikes, but this project was too good to pass up.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Maybe the previous owner wasn't square on the settings because that sounds way too lean for your surroundings. Go back to the stock position which is probably the 3rd position and go from there. Good luck.

Top Bottom