Please Help Headlight setup Please help fats rideing soon

NITROHEAD

May 9, 2002
Ok, I just bought a ufo headlight setup for like 50 bucks because my kdx200 does not have a light just the old shell. When ever i hook up a voltage mete i get around 50 volts. Then there is just one yellow wire is this for the light? I get like 10 volts out of it at idle but then as i give it trottle it goes up alot way over 12 volts. Where does the yellow wire go? Were is the voltage regulator located on the bike? there is a round black thing under the gas tank is that it? Please help me set this up im going rideing friday i really need this.
thanks. nick

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
the voltage reg is under the seat back farther than the cdi box which is on or was on the air box lid.did someone hack the wiring on u? i have a red and yellow to switch,black ground,red and a yellow that plugs in the main harness .one has a male end one has a female u can't mess up unless someone did creative cutting on ur wiring?do u have all the stock wiring or are you tryin to tie in ufo wiring to it?if ur missing the h light portion of stock wiring look under the tank by the coil see if u can find where they unplugged the stock wiring ,there is where u hook into. it better go through the reg or the bulbs will blow,sorry not more help

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
sorry i can't say for sure i have all stock stuff and just plug it in or unplug it.i can scan the wiring diagram from my service manual and e it to u ?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Is this resolved?

Because the VR is 'after' the headlight wiring, if you check the yellow wire (comes from the lighting coil) with a meter, you'll see LOTTSA volts if you disconnected something.

With the headlight assy installed, and the VR in the circuit, regulation will be happening. Note...it's NOT DC!!! Don't check it with your meter on DC.

Make sense? DO NOT 'test' stuff in the lighting system by disconnecting the wiring and grounding stuff. You'll blow stuff up!!

Top Bottom