Jan 14, 2005
Some time ago i posted a Q here concerning plug fouling with my yz250 2003. I was advised to take a look at my crank seal. I did that, bought a new one and had it replaced, sadly, i am still fouling plugs . put in a smaller main jet 175 and 178, no difference fouling wise . the bike just runs like a moped with the smaller jets. original jetting when i bought it last summer 180 main, 52 pilot, needle N3FW 3 clip 1.5 turns air screw. It ran great then. one day it just went dead. I put in a complete boyesen new reed cage. Still same prob. so it is not the jetting, not the carb, because i cleaned that about 5 times, not the crank seal on the clutch side because i had that replaced it is not the crank seal on the right side because there is no oil, had a new piston put in , so it not that, new gaskets, I am lost. :bang: Then while fouling the kickstarter rod broke, had that replaced and the bike will not go into 4th gear. ?? manually it will go into fourth, not while riding "15 minutes" :( could a damaged gear box cog cause oil leakage ( fouling plug ) and then eventually break and cause the my kickstarted rod to snap in half ? I don't have to kick hard because it starts easy. or are there two probs mechanical and electrical, mechanical the fourth gear kickstarter and the fouling is cdi related, can you test a cdi? the dealer said they could not. they also said it was my jetting, weird cause last summer the bike ran great.
Anybody want to buy a bike ,, i live in europe :coocoo:

Top Bottom