plz explain (magura)

datiger

Jun 10, 2002
can i have a magura hymec clutch om my honda cr 125 01. someone say that it was hard byt i dont understand why. explain easy because english is too bad.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
I think I remember Marcus saying here that part of the Magura hydraulics mounted in a place that made it difficult to rotate the carb, hence making it very difficult to change the jets quickly...

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
No problem if you get a Hebo unit as they have a short cable allowing you to move the slave cylinder to clear the carb.

IMHO the Hebo is better than the Magura.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I would like to try a HEBO if i was to go down this road again, i wouldnt reccomend the magura.The slave cylinder isnt really secured into the engine casing at all and a good knock(which is likely where it sits)will make it fail.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'm really pleased with mine. I think it has more range of travel in the slave cylinder so it will cope with heat expansion and clutch wear without a problem. I slip the clutch very aggressively while hillclimbing and the climbs last over a minute. With the stock cable I am unable to disengage the clutch by the top but with the hydraulic clutch I just let it all the way out at some point in the climb and it will self adjust back to the original engagement point. It has a short cable so the slave winds up by the reed cage, behind the petcock and if hit would simply move if hit.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…