POLL:FMF Gnarly REV vs.TORQUE

Sep 15, 2004
I got my rev pipe today and installed it.Ihad the torque pipe but wanted more of a hit.WOW what a difference between the two pipes!I liked the k35 pipe and now I love the k30 pipe :nod: .What do you all prefer?I know it depends on your riding style where you ride and all but which do you prefer?Also if I got better tires would it help with traction?I am running stock tires now.Thanks

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
That's a good question!!! I like them both!!! I wish I could run them both at the same time!!!

sether

Aug 24, 2004

I can't answer this one cause I don't own either, but am going to by one of the two soon. How do the REV and GARLEY powerbands compare to the stock pipe? I ride mostly in the mid in the wide open spaces of the SoCal Desert (CalCity area). Thanks.

Aflica

May 23, 2004
I too have had the torque and then swiched to the rev....the bike is way better with the rev. I still have an awesome bottom end for a 2 stroke with the rev....would never go back , that is for sure IMHO.

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
They're both better than stock. The Torque Pipe (k-35) feels similar to stock but more power everywhere, with lots of low end torque. The Rev (k-30) also gives a little bit more low end than stock but concentrates alot of power at the higher rpm's for a bit of a top end "hit". The k-30 is called the "Desert" pipe, so it's probably better for desert riding. Basically, if you ride mostly at high rpm's, the Rev pipe would probably suit your style more. If you ride at low rpm's alot, the Torque pipe will better suit your needs. Overall straight line acceleration is better with the Rev pipe.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I love the Rev, but have never tried the torque.

FOR SURE ditch the stock dunlops and get some Michelin S12's or something. HUGE difference. the stock tires SUCK!

Phil

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
If you have not changed the front springs out of the forks, due that ASAP. I had .38 put into mine vs. the .35 that come stock w/the 220. Now with the S12(Front) & M12(Rear) this bikes tracks awsome(ly).The bike pulls better & faster & stearing w/the rear is much easier now. I have the Desert Pipe, Turbinecore2, Boyseen Power Reeds & S12/M12. Jetting is adjusted by leaning the needle on position(Down) w/40:1 pre-mix. Plug burns clean using a BR8ES. Yous will feel the power/more controlable by doing the forks.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Some of these comments are from 220 riders, some from 200 riders.

Apples and skid steers, folks. Don't confuse/ignore/mix the two.

re: if I got better tires would it help with traction?

I'm going to go out on a limb here....ready?.....In a word, yes. ;)

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Both are identical except for the engine, carb & chain. If tires, pipes & suspension work well for one, then it will for the other.

"Apples and skid steers, folks. Don't confuse/ignore/mix the two"

I don't know about that, Maybe McIntosh & Washington Apples. My point they are both apples with a slight differnence, but more in common.
Got part of my Rockgardn Offit today, It's weird to see on the label MADE IN THE USA :cool:

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2004
Thanks for the replys, I think i will order the s12 and m12........or what about the tires from frp??anyone tried them?as far as the size for the rear if i went with a 110/100-18 then what size for the front?or are front tires standard sizes?I take it you all like the michelins better?Going to go to the track tommorrow and check out my new rev pipe!!Also ordered a trail tech computer and a rb desiggns air striker carb. cant wait to get it all together in about a week!!I did upgrade my fork springs to .40's also have renthal o-ring chain, renthal bars, uni filter, air box lid removed, and boyesen power reeds.I love this bike!!I think tires would be a great addition to what i have.Thanks alot for all the input you guys give me.This place rocks!!!!!!

Sep 15, 2004
ok dumb question? Why are alot of people putting m12 on the rear and s12 on the front?Why not go m12 on rear and front or s12 on rear and front?does this m12 rear s12 front combo seem to work better?also I thought i could get a m12 110/100-18 for the rear but all i see is m12 120/100-18 will this tire fit the stock rim?is 120 wider or taller than a 110?

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I really like my ProCirciut rev type pipe on the KDX200. It pulls hard from the upper midrange to over rev. It still has very good low end torque too. That's a characteristic of the KDX motor though.

The 120/100x18 S12 is similar in size to the 100/100x18 stock tire. Maybe just a tad wider. I run the S12 on the rear and the stock front tire. No modifications needed. The combo works great in the northeastern slippery, muddy, rooty and rocky woods. It really performs well in all conditions. Even the ledgy and loose sharp edged granite in New Hampshire.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…