Brettsauto

Jul 4, 2005
Dose any one know if there is a difference in port timing between a 200 and a 220.I am chasing a problem with a rich idle, since I bore my 200 to 220. I have tried rejetting , but end up with and off idle which is to lean, Lacking pulling power. I have also tried R.B Design A/S modified carby, with the same result.The rest of the jetting range remained the same as the 200, and yes I have tried different needles and clip positions.
The rich idle I am trying to cure is not a major problem as the bike is still rideable , it is just anoying, as the 200 idled real sweet. With the 220 I had to screw the slide screw right in to get it to idle and there is no sencitivity in the mixture screw. Nothing else changed with the over bore , Bike setup remains the same, 2000 KDX , Fmf woods pipe and muffler, Boysen 609 reeds, Modified air box lid. 40 pilot 160 main, middle clip position. I was thinking maybe the pipe was to small and causing this problem, as i did notice a drop in top end ,but this did not concern me as I'm not often up there.
Any help will be appreicated.

Brettsauto

Jul 4, 2005
OK. any body know what the timing is?
200 port timing is;
Scavenging open 60 deg BBDC
close 60 deg ABDC
Exhaust open 78.8 BBDC low speed
92.7 BBDC high speed

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom