ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Dave

For what it's worth, I emailed and called the portland club trying to get an exact time on when the 50 exhibition race was. Never got a reply. Stayed home since I got home at 11pm from the Otsego race. The portland HS wasn't going to happen unless junior was racing.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
ChrisKring said:
Dave

For what it's worth, I emailed and called the portland club trying to get an exact time on when the 50 exhibition race was. Never got a reply. Stayed home since I got home at 11pm from the Otsego race. The portland HS wasn't going to happen unless junior was racing.

I'm sorry that you didn't get a response from our club. Did you check our website?? The kids & Quads ALWAYS run in the morning, for MX & H/S as do most of the other Clubs. I am not running PTR as in years past, so I make no excuses. Hope to see you at Trailfest!!!

Dave L.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
ChrisKring said:
Dave

Chris,

Again, for what it's worth....if they did give you more of an exact time as I previously had....you would have been upset anyways, as they had to wait about an hour or more due to the ambulance folks not showing up as they were scheduled to.

The 50cc race is an exhibition. Start times will never be exact. Sorry. I did my best.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Yam7M said:
Chris,

Again, for what it's worth....if they did give you more of an exact time as I previously had....you would have been upset anyways, as they had to wait about an hour or more due to the ambulance folks not showing up as they were scheduled to.

The 50cc race is an exhibition. Start times will never be exact. Sorry. I did my best.

I only wanted to directly ask the club since I heard from someone else that they typically ran at the same time as the mini's on a seperate course. The minis don't run until 11am.

Sorry, i am just trying to give feedback to the promoters since I know if I get frustrated by lack of information then I know others do to. I appreciate you guys help with info but the promoter should really be putting it up on their website. Look at the Great Lakes Grand Prix. I knew exactly when I would be racing a week before I went up there. Therefore, I could plan for travel time. That is one of the things I like about harescrambles is that I know that the big bikes will be starting around 12-1pm.

I would suggest moving the 50 class to later since getting kids up to be at the track and ready to race at 7:30am is pretty early.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
ChrisKring said:
I would suggest moving the 50 class to later since getting kids up to be at the track and ready to race at 7:30am is pretty early.

That's a good idea. They could run it after all the other races are done? I like that. :cool:

I understand that the GLMX was a well run MX event. None of the classes were exhibition and run on a completely separate course though.

These clubs have to put together 4 separate courses: A quad course; a bike course; a mini bike course; and an exhibition mini bike course. I understand that Portland doesn't have as many changes as some of the other venues, but they still have quite a few balls in the air, both on race day and the week leading up to the race.

That's why the officers try and help out with these types of questions. And for what it's worth, I was accurate with the time that I gave you. ;)

Top Bottom