holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Has anybody had an incident where a leg, arm etc., suddenly had a mind of it's own during a race, almost like it was possessed by an evil spirit?

One such occurrence came during a GP last year, when I was fighting for a mid pack position (as usual), with someone I vaguely knew. During the race, he was about to make a pass on me, when my left leg kicked out and placed my boot squarely on his front tire, and then the foot became briefly tangled in his spokes (those tech 8's are bulky, but they provide good protection). When I looked back, I could see that he'd done a face plant into the short piece of pavement that we were on. Back in the pits, he asked me what the deal was, so I told him that I had put my foot out because of a corner, but he pointed out that we were on a straight at the time. So then I told him the truth - my leg suddenly had a mind of it's own and it was beyond my control, but he wouldn't buy it (some people should try and be more open minded). :think:

It may have been a spontaneous reaction, brought on from being in mental fog (from being tired late in the race), and not super natural, but I still absolve myself from all blame.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Those darn limbs, worse than kids. I've got this left knee thing, seems to get upset there is not a kick stand on my bike. I hit the darn thing to the ground at least once per ride, never the right one.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Looks like we both need an exorcism. :confused:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
YES, and it's my BUTT, I can be going along at a nice little clip and all of a sudden my BUTT launches me up and off my bike, the thing that really pisses me off is that it don't care where it is or where I land, one of these days I'm going to kick my butts butt :think

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
being a father of twin male 15yrs olds. I'm sure I'll get flammed on this one! but one of his two brains , has possessed one of my boy's! holeshot can I call on you for a exorcism. So he can get his mind back on dirt bikes & school.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom