Possibility of Stewart on possible 250 2 stroke for possible supercross possibly

Mxracer695

Jan 5, 2002
Was talking to a source and he said that stewart may be on the yz250 2 stroke . due to the fact that he does not like the yz450f and had a really bad crash doing some supercross testing. he was saying the yamaha 450 has a notorious bog that they cant work out. chad reed complained about the same thing . If this cant be fixed we really may see stewart on a 2 stroke. hopefully yamaha works it out

Mxracer695

Jan 5, 2002
no im being dead serious this is no joke i couldn’t believe it either . think what you want . i doubt he will be on a 2 stroke but anything is possible . this news is floating around the factory teams i know my source is valid so everyone think what you want just trying to keep things updated when i here stuff

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
I wish... :yikes: It would give companies a chance to bring back the 2 strokes but I doubt it will happen... :(

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Mxracer695 said:
W he was saying the yamaha 450 has a notorious bog that they cant work out

Adj. 1. gullible - naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love"
fleeceable, green,naif, naive - marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience; "a teenager's naive ignorance of life"; "the naive assumption that things can only get better"; "this naive simple creature with wide friendly eyes so eager to believe appearances"

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:
Adj. 1. gullible - naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love"
fleeceable, green,naif, naive - marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience; "a teenager's naive ignorance of life"; "the naive assumption that things can only get better"; "this naive simple creature with wide friendly eyes so eager to believe appearances"

Know-it-all or know-all is an epithet applied to any person who exhibits the belief that he or she possesses a superior intellect and wealth of knowledge, and shows a determination to demonstrate his perceived superiority at every opportunity.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Tool:

The term most commonly describes someone who is being manipulated by societal institutions. In this context, the term is thought to be a shortening of the phrase "tool of the system". The insult is used in Western counter-culture to describe strong proponents of those institutions, who seem to truly believe in what is thought of as a mass deception.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
my sources, which I am not afraid to name (Rory O'Neill, Performance Tire Company, Bridgestone Reps, Supplier to L&M Racing) told me that he will definitely be on a YZ450F.

So, who's your source and why should we believe him?

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
IndyMX and his source are right....... My source are my crystal balls, I rubbed them last night and they said that there is no truth to this rumor......

There was no crash by Bubba, and he is not riding a 250cc 2-stroke for the SX season. Although he did apparently ride one a few laps around the practice track for fun, he will be on a 450 just like everyone else...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
funkypunk97 said:
. . . My source are my crystal balls, I rubbed them last night . . .
crystal balls, eh? I would imagine that's uncomfortable on occasion :think:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
XRpredator said:
crystal balls, eh? I would imagine that's uncomfortable on occasion :think:

Hence, the rubbing. :nod:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
A week after Jeremy McGrath holeshotted a SX race on a CR250 he moved to the 450. Why? My guess is that Honda doesn't want to see a 2 stroke in front of a 4 stroke on national TV. I am sure that Yamaha and the other Japanese manufacturers feel the same way, and therefore there will not be a factory rider on a 2 stroke dirtbike, in either supercross of motocross, in the near future. You may, however, catch the occasional glimpse of a privateer that isn't afraid to bring his knife to the gun fight.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
And... no factory would EVER allow it to get out that their bike was flawed (YZ450F in this story). Even if JS did say it, Yamaha would give him a severe tongue lashing for making it public. To say the YZ250 is better (by riding it) is insulting the 4-stroke that the factory is pushing. Ain't gunna happen even if it bogs.
The 4-strokes DO own motocross (even if the 2-stroke is waaaaay more fun :boss: )

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Last year, when Suzuki was still selling their RM250, they had no problem providing a few to RC to shoot some commercials on, and to ride some parade laps on at the Atlanta SX.

Yamaha's racing boss Keith McCarty has said that Yamaha will continue to sell their two-stroke 125 & 250's, for the recreational riders. (Cycle News, Jan., 2008.) Wouldn't it make sense to promote the sales of these bikes, as well? Sales revenues are $$$, no matter which bike they come from. Which bike do you think costs more for them to build & sell? One with extensive R&D, testing, marketing & racing campaigns, (the 4-T,) or one with almost none of the above listed overhead expenses?

Yamaha will keep selling two strokes as long as we keep buying them, and they keep making money on them.

Press releases about Josh Hill testing and considering racing a YZ250 at the US Open, and stories of Bubba riding one, simply helps create interest, and thus generate sales revenues.

Yamaha even went so far as to hold a completely separate press introduction event for their two-stroke line-up. Who knows, maybe we'll see even more of the YZ250 this year?

Good for their bottom line; good for us, IMHO. :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
FruDaddy said:
A week after Jeremy McGrath holeshotted a SX race on a CR250 he moved to the 450. Why? My guess is that Honda doesn't want to see a 2 stroke in front of a 4 stroke on national TV.
or maybe he thought he might not get smoked as bad if he switched to the superior mount.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
XRpredator said:
or maybe he thought he might not get smoked as bad if he switched to the superior mount.

Mike LaRocco won against Emig and Huffman on an inferior bike. Just sayin....

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
lol (def.to laught out loud)

at the first page of this thread.
But if it was true that would be sweet, as I just bought a new yz250 today, which I am super excited to go ride. I think that might make value go up.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
FruDaddy said:
A week after Jeremy McGrath holeshotted a SX race on a CR250 he moved to the 450. Why? My guess is that Honda doesn't want to see a 2 stroke in front of a 4 stroke on national TV. I am sure that Yamaha and the other Japanese manufacturers feel the same way, and therefore there will not be a factory rider on a 2 stroke dirtbike, in either supercross of motocross, in the near future. You may, however, catch the occasional glimpse of a privateer that isn't afraid to bring his knife to the gun fight.
See post #8.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
XRpredator said:

As I recall, McGrath finished 4th in that race. I'd hardly say that an over the hill, part time rider finishing 4th in an SX is "getting smoked."

A couple questions:

Did McGrath race a 4 stroke in a supercross in the year after that race?

Yes.

If so, did he finish better than 4th on the 4 stroke in any of those SX races?

Nope - at least not in the '06 season. Unless I missed something, his best result on the 450 was 4th at San Diego. His other results on the 450 included a 5th and a 16th.

Note: I'm NOT arguing that the 2 stroke is the better or even equal machine. It's not. However, in McGrath's hands it was apparently sufficient to pull a holeshot against a field of 450s and to get as good a result as JMc could get on a 450.

If the 450s are that much faster, then I'd guess that McGrath could have kept from "getting smoked" on the 450 when he finished out of the top 15.

Does anyone doubt that JS could win on the 250? I mean, seriously. . . what are we talking about? 0.5 seconds a lap difference on the 450 vs the 250? A second per lap at most? MAYBE that would be enough to equal out the SX speed difference between JS and Chad, but it's not going to be enough for anyone else to keep up with JS - regardless of what he's on. He'd likely be in the top 10 or better even if he was on a 125 2 stroke.

Anyway, I'd guess that Pred hasn't finished 4th in a Pro SX on any of his 4 strokes. ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Pred just likes stirring the pot... unique for a politician... they usually just grease the squeeky wheel. Good for him, having SOMETHING you stand for is ok by me. (still don't like him much though :p )
4-strokes rot.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
yamaha doesn't need to "promote" the sales of the 2 strokes............you can't hardly find one. new or good used are sold fast and there is no need to "promote" what everyone knows......... that a two stroke is a viable good machine to own, ride and race.

:)

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
wardy said:
yamaha doesn't need to "promote" the sales of the 2 strokes............you can't hardly find one. new or good used are sold fast and there is no need to "promote" what everyone knows......... that a two stroke is a viable good machine to own, ride and race.

:)

That's encouraging. My experience is that I'd have an easier time selling a V-10 gas powered Ford Excursion with 200k on the clock than my 2-stroke. Perhaps the $700B bailout plan will take the "toxic" investment off my hands...I'm a 2-stroke fan, but there are few of us left.

Top Bottom