Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Why, is you suspension bottoming out or something. If you send your shock to MX-Tech or some other suspension experts, they could revalve it and do whatever you want to it.

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
nah it isnt bottoming anymore. when i first bought it, it would bottom when i went through some nasty whoops at my practice track so i stiffened it up a bit and it is fine now but i would still like more travel , is it possible???

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
By the way, i just had Factory Connection revalve and change my oil all the way through the bike. Also, they set the compression and rebound for me but i didnt like it and ended up setting it myself.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
anything...

Why do want more travel?

It will be extremely difficult to do, and would throw off the geometry of the bike. Definately not worth it man.

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
i've heard of tall kids on 80's jacking up their suspension to suit their needs...never found out whether or not it was true but i was curious

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
if you jack up the rear, your steering angles will go wrong...the bike will turn well but you wont go down a straight without the bars coming out of your hands with the head shake! put a load of preload on your shock and try it for yourself!

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
taht could be it....i have a kind of , well, chubby friend that rides a '98 CR125, i think he might have jacked up his suspension to better suit him and i rode his bike at our practice track recently and noticed alot of "Speed-Wobble" per se down the straights...but cut me some slack im a newbie and i was jsut wondering if its possible. :silly:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
additionally, the more you jack it up the more problems you will have with the chain comming off and all sorts of problems. dont forget, the modern bikes have had the same suspension travel for more than 15 years so there has to be some reason for this!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom