Possibly Moving. How's riding in Houston Tx.?

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Hello Folks,

There is a possibility I could be transferring to Houston. So I am wondering how the riding is in that area? I currently live in Illinois (not the greatest place for riding). Any input is appreciated.

regards,
WoodChuck

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
By your name I suppose you are a woods rider. If so there is a National Forest about a hour north of Houston with 3 trailheads. Right now there is probaply 75-85 miles of permantly marked trails. but there is many ways to loop it and make different rides.
Also look up www.trh-cycle.org That is the major riding group in so. Tx. Have a very informative Web site.
Also if into M/X there is several tracks.
Also 2-3 membership riding areas within reasonable drive.
Outlaw Trax[close to Huntsville]Cycleland Park[Nacogdoches]Skull Creek[thru TRH]
Hope this helps.

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Thanks for the info. I am a woodsrider and would plan on living on the north side of Houston. I have relatives on Lake Conroe and the office is in Greenspoint. It sounds like other than the heat, I should be able to do plenty of riding in the area. :)

thanks again,
WoodChuck

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Chuck - I lived in Houston for 7 years before moving to Illinois. The others have provided a lot of info on riding. As for the weather, you'll have riding season, sweating season and winter (usually just one day). Get a home with a pool. I'd also rethink the Conroe to Gunspoint... er... Greenspoint commute. The Woodlands is closer and less traffic hassles if you know the back roads. Stay in touch, my in-laws live in Spring and we go there at least once a year. You do have two bikes, right?

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Hello Woodsrider,

thanks for the advice, I ve got two bikes, so yer always welcome to one of them. If I make the move I'd certainly welcome a visit. Hope the eastern riding is treating you well. I've been riding Buffalo Range nearly every weekend. I can relocate now (next 2-4 months) with a carrot or later potentially with no carrot. I've got to way it all out. Is the riding down there anywhere as ggod as at Buffalo Range? I like challanging technical stuff.
regards,
WoodChuck

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Woodchuck, the riding in Texas is too open and fast for your tastes. You better stick with Buffalo Range and Illinois.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
I concur with Bob. Besides. who is going to lead us into all the mud holes at Buffalo Range? Or take me up hills I can't make? Don't go Don!!

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Bob and Anne,

I sincerely apreciate the encouragement to stay, as well as, I apreciate your friendship!!! Any decision to go will not be made easily.

regards,
Don

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…