Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
checking

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I'm always too busy watching!haha

Hey Gary...one of them thar 5000+ posts of yours turned me onto the ODI grips. Gotta say thanks!!! Never going back to normal grips!

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Let's see the LOWEST amount of posts, Okie!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SVTMc-G said:
Let's see the LOWEST amount of posts, Okie!
Based on what? Someone that joined 10 minutes ago? :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
BTW, Okie "joined" the site in June of 1999.
I registered the domain name in April (23rd if I recall) 1999.

Rich was the first db expert I went after to become a moderator here. That lead to a friend to ride with, nearly every weekend for 5+ years. :cool: Soon after on Rich's suggestion, MXTuner, who suggested Gomer, who suggested.... you get the point.

I really can't remember the name of the store's website, but got several more from there :) I was a spammin' fool when spammin' was cool :)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SVTMc-G said:
I'm always too busy watching!haha

Hey Gary...one of them thar 5000+ posts of yours turned me onto the ODI grips. Gotta say thanks!!! Never going back to normal grips!

Me either. They're the best by far.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Okiewan said:
BTW, Okie "joined" the site in June of 1999.
I registered the domain name in April (23rd if I recall) 1999.

Rich was the first db expert I went after to become a moderator here. That lead to a friend to ride with, nearly every weekend for 5+ years. :cool: Soon after on Rich's suggestion, MXTuner, who suggested Gomer, who suggested.... you get the point.

I really can't remember the name of the store's website, but got several more from there :) I was a spammin' fool when spammin' was cool :)

I've always been a fan of history, even just the history of something like this.

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
IndyMX said:
I've always been a fan of history, even just the history of something like this.

There has not been a really good nostalgia (history/biography) thread in a long time. Here's to hoping the stories start!! :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
there was that time in the place when that guy did that thing with that other thing. It was awesome!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
there was that time in the place when that guy did that thing with that other thing. It was awesome!

Huh.. I missed that.. Wish I had been there. Sounds like it was pretty cool.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Now that's a very impressive list, well done gentlemen. How many posts does it take to wear out a keyboard? I'm not on the list & I like being a no-body, I think my meds are working..... no rants lately, I do need to ride more & yack less..... :whoa:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Porkchop said:
Now that's a very impressive list, well done gentlemen. How many posts does it take to wear out a keyboard? I'm not on the list & I like being a no-body, I think my meds are working..... no rants lately, I do need to ride more & yack less..... :whoa:
My panic and over rev keys are broke, gotta really pound on it, get out the mapp torch, with a 50 ton press to get the point across? And hopefully, be riding this weekend! Vintage Bob

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I've been using this keyboard for about 5 years..

I have a callus on my thumb where it hits the spacebar!! ;)

Attachments

• aaIMG_2216.jpg
    aaIMG_2216.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 93

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Back in the day, when the guy with: "why the spooge" came by, was the site always child friendly? That would be cool for a day? The ones I remember most, a guy 1 time asking which was the drain plug on an old rm or tm? The time I think it was Helio when he first posted, something about the lode of changes? Him being Portuguese and me being me, driving to work hit me he was talking about the shift lever! And the time Rich jumped me over the champion plug hole strippers tale. Even the crappy day arguing with the scientist fuel mixer, fond memories for ever to say the least. And getting to meet some new dirt bike riders from here personally, in the dirt, the best time ever! Vintage Bob

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Mythbusters did a show on " The bull in the china shop." The bull ran like hell thru the mock china shop they set up with high display cases & tables with all type of glass things & fine china cups & dishes. NOTHING was broken. It seems that bulls only run into things when they have a reason to. :cool:
Hey Bob, I got a plug hole stripper/ heli- coil fixer kit!
In the dirt, in person, riding, is a day in the future, I look forward to.
:cool:

Is there a post count involving the women of DRN? :clue:
The sisters must be included! :yeehaw:

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
netflix- on any sunday - flying W - LOL

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I forwarded this thread to my wife. She says I spend too much time on the computer. I now can prove that I don't; I didn't even come close to making this list! :cool:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Hey ellandoh, keep an eye pealed on the original on any sunday, for a guy doing a big f. w. on an old DKW & then crashing hard. He's a good friend & co-worker, known on drn as "FX". The crash was not scripted or planned on in any way, FX just happened to be at that track back on the day when Bruce Brown & crew was there shooting.
(the mx track was near Bakersfield, Ca. circa 1970) :)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Porkchop said:
Hey ellandoh, keep an eye pealed on the original on any sunday, for a guy doing a big f. w. on an old DKW & then crashing hard. He's a good friend & co-worker, known on drn as "FX". The crash was not scripted or planned on in any way, FX just happened to be at that track back on the day when Bruce Brown & crew was there shooting.
(the mx track was near Bakersfield, Ca. circa 1970) :)

ahh- an excuse to watch it again :) - DRN's own FX , a movie star

2817+1

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom