dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Yes , It is available. It's $89.95. You will need to change the jetting to leaner on the pilot and main jet. But, I prefer to make my own which cost me nothing, as in free. It works great. Use any kind of thin metal,( I prefer stainless steel) about .020 thousandths thick. Example, bottom of coffee can. Cut and trim to fit the back of the carborater. You can either JB weld it in or cut a slot in dead center on the back edge of the carborater to insert. Good Luck on your decision.

GreenPeace

Dec 6, 2002
What is the difference between the RB divider at the outlet of the carb & the Power Now at the inlet of carb?
I know this question has been asked but not answered.

I would sez that it will work better at the outlet to reduce turbulence after the slide.

It will also be less hassle to install.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
What is the difference?

I've answered that before.

They are different in that they are not at all the same.

Yes, the RB mod divider is placed on the downdraft side of the carb. It is a brass (well it looks bronze-like..it's metal, it's not stainless) piece that is broached into place. No glue or epoxy subject to fuel that will deteriorate and cause you major grief.

I think the downdraft idea is superior exactly for the reason mentioned...air rarification after it's mixed. I don't know why you would want to deflect the incoming airstream away from the jet block.

The RB mod is considerably more than a piece of metal inserted someplace. In some cases the jet block height is changed. In some cases (I think) the jet screen is modified. The carb is bored to make up for the divider volume. It comes back rejetted to a 'best guess' for your riding style and environment.

I've used two carbs with the RB mod, ridden a couple of different bikes with the mod. It greatly improves tractability (delivery) off the bottom. In the case of the air stryker, the throttle response is terrific..and it pulls like a mule! (thats a good thing I think) ;)

I have no experience with the 'power now' product.

Yes, I am biased.

Consider the source.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Check the FAQ. Michelle links to a thread in the second post.

OK..I've made the point of checking the FAQ (ha..cuz I just changed it...)

More directly, you can contact the 'r' of RB-Designs here!

Last I checked it was $165 including return ship (probably not A.M. next day air, 'eh?)

Of course, you could also consider an 'upgraded' air stryker carb as part of the process. ;)

Sheesh. So many hop-ups to buy......so little $$!!!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the "secret" to the power NOW mod is that the device effectively reduces the diameter of the carb throat, therefore improving throttle response at low rpm and increasing torque. It’s all physics folks, and there is no free lunch. By installing a divider you will loose some power up top.

The dyno pulls I’ve seen show little, if any, effect.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom