mxer1973

May 25, 2002
I have a question. I had to pull my right crankcase to fix the kickstarter on my 91 cr125, when i did the powervalve spring assy fell out. I put it back in without the help of a manual. When i got the bike the jetting was really off. The bike ran the same after i put it back together, so either i got it right or it was off before i got it. Can someone give me some direction on how to set the spring tension?. i have played with the jetting and slide alot to get the bike running better, but it still loads up a little if idles more than a couple of seconds. Could the spring tension on the exhause valve be the problem, or do I need to play with the jetting more?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
You want to adjust the powervalve to have a small amount of preload to prevent it from fluttering at the rpms before it opens. Use the hex head screws to adjust the spring preload. Now, I would be surprised that a little difference in tension affects jetting that much. The spring preload probably won't cure the jetting problem because the change in performance subtle. If the powervalve is way out of tune and doesn't operate ptroperly, then it could cause a poorly running bike like the jetting was out but mainly anemic at either end of the powerband. Start with the powervalve preload and finish with jetting. It will be easier to help you jet your bike if you describe where in the throttle range you have trouble with.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe the P/v actuator lever slipped out of the groove in thegovernor R/s case You better check it out to be sure or it could wear out the parts and cost more than a new R/S gasket . I have had this happen to me before . GOOD LUCK DEAN

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom