trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
So here I am deciding I should clean all the crap near the exhaust and the powervalve rod. I take off this plastic cover (if you know which one I'm talking about) and I see that my rod has disconnected from where it is supposed to atach :yikes: Ok. I don't understand! The powervalve isn't activated since that rod is not connected, but the bike ran great! So I connect the rod, close everything up and start the bike to ride it in my yard a couple of minutes. It is identical! I am very confused. Can someone tell me what's going on and if I should worry on something... The bike has great top end.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
If the valve wasnt opening, chances are its gummed up and cant open. Take the valve out and clean it.

spoolin7

Oct 24, 2006
if it was disconnected and the valve didn't have any restriction, your exhaust flow could have been pushing it open anyway. now the only difference would be the valve opening slightly later

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
make sure all linkage isnt seized. my cr250 has worn out valve govner and the thing that actuates the valves,not the rods and the seized in place and wouldent open the valves.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Ok thanks guys!

Top Bottom