David M

Nov 28, 2002
What type of pre mix oil are people using? I read on another site that the KIPS valve doesn't get nearly as gummed up with Yamalube 2R as with other types. Can this be true? My girlfriend's KDX220 is the first 2 stroke in the family for 20 years, and my last smoker had oil injection, so I'm incredibly ignorant in this area. Thanks for any replys. BTW, what a great bike this is - no wonder they're so highly regarded. -david

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Welcome David
This topic has been well covered for years now, utilize the search function and you have a day's reading available, and best thing is you don't have to wait for everyone to respond, again.. :thumb:

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
David, you've asked the one question that has no single answer. Just about every brand on the market is used by someone on this forum, and they probably like it. To give you a quick answer, you'll probably find the more common brands include Maxima, Mobil 1 MX2T, Yamalube 2R and Silkolene. The most common ratio is probably 40:1, but many use 32:1 and some go up to around 50:1.

This might be a good opportunity to give the 'search' function a workout - I'd suggest using it on the KDX forum, and also the Basic Maintenance/Technology forums. Use search terms like 'premix', 'oil', 'ratio' and you should get several hundred threads that discuss the topic in great detail. Same search for transmission fluid will yield similar results for that question as well.

:thumb:

Top Bottom