kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i have a 00kawasaki kdx200 and i order frp .42 fork springs im wondering were is the metal thing in the fork that is replaced by pvc pipe im a little confused. also who makes the best reeds that will give me overall power.it has a fmf woods pipe and turbine core 2 silencer

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Its the metal tube thats between spring and top cap. Compresses spring down hence the "pre"load. When did FRP start making .42 springs? Are you sure you have FRP or are they aftermarket?

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
frpoffroad.com sells them they are .42 and i paid like $67 for them thats with shipping. how big is the metal spacer in the fork. how much preload should i get

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Preload is something that is the preference of the rider.

I believe that frp likes a whole lot of it.

Depending on the length of the spring (probably around 470mm) that gives you a preload in the 30mm area. Again, a personal preference...but why you'd want anything close to that I have no idea. Maybe to phoney-up a too weak set of springs, but that certainly isn't the right way to do things.

They included a piece of PVC pipe to use for spacer material? Or go pick up a piece of 1" schedule 40 pipe. Cut to suit. Don't know why that needs to be any more than 10mm on a coldwound spring set.

That means a spacer 10mm longer than the free space between the top of the spring and the bottom of the fork cap (remember to include the two spacers..around 3mm).

Make sure the clip on the bottom of the springs comes out with the old springs. Transfer them to the new springs. Crimp them securely!

***EDIT**
re: best reeds

Mototassinari delta force II. Garunteed!! They outperform power, carbon and the radvalve.

Last edited:

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
so i take out the stock metal spacer which is on top of the spring and replace with 40mm of preload because i like it stiff and thats it right. i think the owner before was a midget and took out the spacer or something so how big is the stocker. Mototassinari delta force II are made for 00 kawasaki kdx200?????

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Not exactly.

Preload is not where you get 'stiff'. 'Stiff' can come from a number of places.....the simplest is the clickers on the bottom of your forks. Crank 'em up!! Jar yourself silly!! ;)

The stock spacer are somewhere around 90-100mm. Mine are lying in a box at home..I've measured them before, but afraid my single brain cell fergot the exact number.

re: for the 200?

You bet'cha!

By the way.....the 'outperform' statement is completely, wholly and 100% imo. I've run power, carbon, the radvalve and the DFII on the kdx and compared some sets side by side (two different similarly modified kdxs), so my imo isn't completely without basis.

Cheers!

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i checked every where for those reeds they say they go up the year 96 where can i find them.for the pvc spacer i make it the stock size plus some right??also what do these reeds give me in preformance.do i need to jet?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The online tassinari application guide leaves a lot to be desired. Call 'em.

re: size of spacer

Posted that already. What is it that you have a question about?

re: reeds
They have two tension settings (lo/hi) and what they'll do depends on that. As the descriptive words imply, 'lo' improves the bottom end..more of it and better application of it. 'Hi' increases the power band hit and the so-called 'overrev'.

re: rejet

Always check when a change is made. Proper jetting is the #1 'hidden' performance booster. Hidden only cuz a lot of riders don't seem to want to 'mess' with it. That's not a reasonable approach.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Kawasaki has not made any major changes to thier Kdx200 since 1995, so the reeds that fit a 95 should fit any kdx 200 from 1995 to present

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
the prevous owner of my bike was a midget i think he cut the spacers down so he can fit on it. if im right i add 20mm to the stock spacer size which is like 90-100mm and het some where 120mm this will give me stock and some more travel in the front i hope.i still decideing between the v force reed thingy and the carbon tech hi tension reeds. will the v force give me more top end?? and also i have fmf woods pipe on my bikeand i want more top end if i got more will it take away from the pipe or what i havent got a clue.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You're not listening.

'i add 20mm to the stock spacer size..'

That is the second time you've mentioned that approach. Again, it is not correct. It certainly will not, 'give me...... some more travel in the front'

I answered your question the first time...directed you to the answer the second time..this time (the third) please take the time to read what I said.

For a 10mm preload:

'That means a spacer 10mm longer than the free space between the top of the spring and the bottom of the fork cap (remember to include the two spacers..around 3mm).'

re: 'the v force reed thingy..' and top end.

It will if you set it up that way. It has adjustable reed tension.

re: 'i have fmf woods pipe on my bikeand i want more top end...'

Then you have the wrong pipe.

....waste of ASCII indeed......

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom