Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I have some Bel-Ray MC-1 left over from my CR days, and have heard that it gums up the powervalve. Is this true? What do you guys run?

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
That is the same thing I am running right now at 50:1 and so far it seems to work fine. Will find out more in the future.

97 200 KDX
air box mod.
rev pipe and fmf core II silencer
and all kinds of enduro goodies

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Maxima SuperM @ 32:1 here also. I think it would work very well in your case seeing as you will be mostly trail riding. Super M has a real low flash point which means the oil will burn at a low temperature.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Such questions generally are a waste of time, cuz all they do is generate a bunch of opinions that are ALLabsolutely correct.

Except this one of course!!:) It's not opinion...just fact.

Take that belray crap and throw it away! The ONE tank of gas I ran in my two month old kdx with that crap (did I already say that?) got me a WOT roll off seizure (intake side)! That was @ 32:1 btw. At 4000'el btw!!

Great! A $4000 new bike with cylinder plating peel because of...what is it again????...THAT BELRAY CRAP!!

(Maxima SuperM 40:1)

Last edited:

vandean

Feb 19, 2002
I think all these OPINIONS about which oil to run have no validity whatsoever.No offense to those who have had any bad experiences with one oil or another however I think that oil is oil and if you prefer one over another then it's simply a matter of OPINION.The only real difference is between synthetics and mineral based oils.Personally I prefer synthetics only because if you think about it , where would there be more dollars spent on R & D . Synthetics are more expensive for good reason.Because they do a better job.You get what you pay for! How lean you run it is the determining factor of how gummed up your engine will be.What's better Ford or Chevy???

MARC

May 8, 2002
agree with the others out there, lots of different oils to pick from, most very good these days. My rule of thumb, tcwIII oils only (its on the label somewhere or dont buy it) and either full synth or semi blend. With the quality of the oils now, there should be no reason to go any heavier than 40:1, any more and your just killing more mosquitoes.

Top Bottom