Premix

Alex04

Apr 10, 2002
what is the best pre mix to use I normally use Redline at 40to1 and recently tried a old bottle of honda lube i had sitting and now im try ing bel ray with the powervalve cleaning formula whats every ones opinion on premix brands

500 dirtrider

Oct 27, 1999
I use nothing but Amsoil and have had very good luck....no plug fouling, little smoke, and excellent wear. I tore down my CR500 after 3 years of woods riding and had almost zero wear. Granted, I'm 43 and don't ride as much as I used to, but I've been know to be a little hard on it. I mic'ed it, threw in 2 new rings, and fired it back up! I use it in my lawn mower, weed wacker, and 2 bikes. :thumb: I break my bikes in with 1 tankfull using Golden Spectro, then right on the Amsoil. In the old days they said not to use Amsoil until the rings were seated. I'm not sure if that is still the case but I just want to be sure. I used to use Golden Spectro but the oil splatter out the back of a 500 was making my riding buddies mad! They tend to throw it a long way LOL!

Last edited:

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
I was strictly a Yamalube 2R user until several post turned me onto Mobil-1 MX2T full synthetic found at Autozone and that is all I will use now. It runs 3.49 a pint and mix 40:1.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I just switched to Motorex Cross Power 2T, after using Maxima Super M for years. I was having trouble cleaning up a heavy spooge condition & I tried Motorex a few weeks ago at the recommendation of another kTm rider.

Sure as soap, it cleaned up the spooging dramatically (trust me, I've been paying real close attention to the amount of spooge coming out of my exhaust, it's been bugging me for a long time). Throttle response off the bottom end was more crisp, too. Note: I was also riding at a lower elevation which probably affected the throttle response, but a change in elevation never had this profound affect on the spooge factor before. I attribute it to the new pre-mix. Same stuff Grant Langston & the rest of kTm uses. I'm sold on it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…