IamRyan

Aug 23, 2006
Hi, I am a college student waiting for spring break not to go party at some ocean bordered state but to go ride my dirt bike again. I have not been riding since last summer but I have been working out 3 days a week at my school's gym. I will post a link to the WORKOUT PROGRAM . I am doing the two workouts (about midway through the page) on monday and thursday and 30 minutes of cardio on tuesday. I have only been doing this workout for 2 weeks now. However I have been doing different workouts since last summer. I feel like I am stronger than I was last summer but I know that my riding skills are not up to par.

So here is the question what can I work on when I get on my bike the trails I ride vary from tight and technical to wide and flat, usually pretty hilly and rocky. I know just riding will help me improve but I have been riding for 2-3 years now and want to get serious about getting faster. I don't have anywhere to ride other than when I go to st. joes state park in MO it is about an hour and a half for me to get there so its basically a weekend thing.

I have read all the basics about body position and a lot about taking corners but I don't really know how to apply some of it to my riding. Should I just go out and practice taking corners for a better portion of the day? Start slow and gradually go faster using the cornering techniques or what? so any tips or ideas are appreciated.

Ryan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Have you considered spending some time with a professional instructor over spring break? The really good ones will analyze your riding and help you determine the most effective practice to achieve your goals.

IamRyan

Aug 23, 2006
I would be totally up to that but I don't know of any in my area (St Louis area) and like I said I'm a college student so money isn't exactly flowing. So its like should I pay an instructor or should I keep it for when I lay my bike down?

Where would one start to look for a professional instructor I believe that I have looked for "training camps" in my area and didn't find anything.

Top Bottom