Price and Location of KTM Top End Kit??

JoeCharge

Mar 13, 2000
I think that my '99 300EXC is going to need a top end soon. At this point it is all original. I was going to stick with OEM simply becuase the original lasted so long. Does anybody have any idea what I'll be into pricewise for all the parts, piston, gaskets etc.. for a top end rebuild. Also does anybody have recomendations of best/most resonably priced dealers. I buy almost all of my parts through mail order anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
Maybe

I just rebuilt my 98 380 and it seems to have cost me in the neighborhood of $180 and I installed a Wisco piston.. That price included piston, rings, wrist pin bearing and a gasket kit. This is the first time I have used something besides OEM parts to rebuild.. I had a 91 250 MXC previously.. Next time I will use OEM parts as the wisco stuff seemed to cause a carb glitch. or so it seemed.. I think the OEM parts will cost you in the neighborhood of $180 or so for a piston and rings, excluding the gaskets.. You can check the KTM site for dealers, for years I bought parts from a dealer 200 miles away.. :)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Mike Kruger
Cycle Zone KTM
Topeka, KS
866-843-7433 toll free

There the man for KTM parts! Wiseco, Vertex, or OEM all are fine, but Mike will steer you right!

B

biglou

Ditto on CycleZone.

Mike is a super nice guy who races and rides just like the rest of us. They have great prices on parts and shipping. If you're gonna go stock, Mike is the guy to call.
Email here: CLICK!
Website here: CLICK!

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Hey Strick,

I got kicked off Holeshots's website for recommending Mike K. That was halairous. I guess I caused Denny to lose a sale because of his very expensive handling and shipping charges.

Mike Kruger is a fantastic guy and racer and friend. I would be very proud to recommend him and Zone Cycle to anyone for factory and aftermarket KTM parts.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I just did the top end on my '99 300exc a few months ago with the Wiseco kit. Total was about $130.00 for everything. I got the parts through Hi-Per Sports.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I remember. Holeshot is very protective of their site. I would not be posting this there. I have never even dealt with Mike. I have talked to him on the phone for a friend of mine, who wound up spending a lot of $$ with Mike. He was very satisfied with the transaction, and my buddy is high maintenance!

KTM Boy

Mar 7, 2000
Just ordered the OEM piston and gasket kit for my 99 300 EXC.

OEM prices are piston $242
gasket kit $56
power valve o-rings $4

Even if you go for a aftermarket piston get the OEM gasket kit. It is the best gasket I've seen todate.

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
Remember to buy those power valve O-rings - they are not included in the top-end gasket kit. You get a lot of gaskets in the T/E gasket kit.. .for several bike sizes with four (4) cylinder head O-rings.

Top Bottom