LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Let me preface this by saying that my husband, as I'm sure most of your other significants, is a faster rider than I am. Well, to be expected, I suppose, since he has several more years of riding experience than I do, but I always feel like I'm playing "catch up" with him. Faster in the woods, faster in the MX track, etc. etc. So he is the current "bar" to which I compare myself. Of course, just when I think I'm getting close in a certain area, he raises the bar. :silly:

Well, we had Monday off, because a friend of ours was in town visiting. Decided to go play on our property across the street. Dave on his KTM 250, me on my 200, and our friend Kurt was riding our quad. Dave and I took a lap thru the woods putting up new arrows, and then took Kurt through on the quad, showing him how to maneuver through the woods. I was leading, and then stopped out at the edge of the field to wait for the other two. Kurt comes out, and then Dave comes out and rolls right up next to me. "Time for a cool-off run!" he says, and hunches over his handlebars in a MX-start position with that look on his face that says, "Wanna race??!"

Well, of course! I started my bike and snicked it into first gear, looked over at Dave, and revved the bike up to show I was game. He revs his bike, and I watch his front tire to see when he starts. I see him move out, and the race is on! I'm behind him just slightly, but I wind out first gear and scream into second, and see myself moving past Dave! I pulled into 3rd gear and kept going, about 100 yards to the first corner of the grass track. I was so stoked that I had beat him down the straight that I let off the gas too soon and gave him the first corner. :)

He fully admitted it later, too. "I got you sooo bad!" I said. "Yes, you did! That was a heck of a start you pulled!" says he. "Yep, I'm going to savor that one for a loongg time!" :yeehaw:
He repaid me later with a roosting.

It was a silly little thing, just out playriding for the day, but it was nice to be the one to raise the bar just a little bit...

Do you ladies do the same thing with your husbands/boyfriends, even just for fun??

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
LOL that's awesome Lori! I've never had the chance to do anything like that to mine. When the time comes, I'll let him take off full bore... while I just sit and laugh. :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
:) bet ya loved it !

Next Time Lori, don't even let him have a chance, as soon as he takes the position, hit the throttle and roost him. Let him do the catching up, and keep going until he passes. :p

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
[So he is the current "bar" to which I compare myself. Of course, just when I think I'm getting close in a certain area, he raises the bar. :silly:

Do you ladies do the same thing with your husbands/boyfriends, even just for fun?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I've been there. I'm almost always riding with SFO and his friend Derek who used to race speedway and 'am always playing catch up. :scream:
I used to stop behind him when he stalled on the trail, but have now realized that it's my only chance(in this lifetime) to be ahead of him even for just a little while. I just fantasize that I'm being chased by outlaw, convict bikers and it makes me go faster, but soon enough I can hear the rumble of his thumper :p

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Fe_princess
I just fantasize that I'm being chased by outlaw, convict bikers and it makes me go faster, but soon enough I can hear the rumble of his thumper :p

:eek:

(FeP, there is that little word Quote under the post you wish to quote (next to Edit/Delete), or you can start with an open bracket [, the word quote, close the bracket ], at the end of the quote, do the same, only this time start with an open bracket [, and a forward slash /, the word quote, and close the bracket ] - if you click on the word Quote under my post here, you will get the idea :thumb: )

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Cool, way to go Lori! I've never had that chance to measure myself to my SO. My last boyfriend who rode was an AA level enduro guy so there was NO time I was even CLOSE, and the current one doesn't ride. We will probably both live longer if he doesn't. He probably will someday, but he won't ride trails; it's too "slow" for him. :think:

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
My husband is WAY faster then I will ever dream to be but when he is behind me on the track I do everything in my power to keep him behind me. I move over on him, cut him off, etc. Usually I can keep him behind me for a couple corners. :) It's a lot of fun riding with him. He has taught me everything I know!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Does this mean you're going to finish at the Wayne County Enduro?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by WoodsRider
Does this mean you're going to finish at the Wayne County Enduro?

:think:..... :moon:

Yeah, if I throw a tow rope over the end of Dave's rear fender and hang on!

You know, I never plan on NOT finishing an enduro, it's just the way things work out sometimes. :|

Hucker, the rock shower at Paragon was purely accidental! Same as the mud shower I gave RM_Guy at Modena last year!! I'm innocent, I tell you! Dave thinks it has more to do with the fact that they were yellow bikes... :debil:

CRSHERI

Aug 2, 2002
HECK YA!!! Thats half the fun is the competition with my guy! It can take me awhile to get in an agressive mood for riding when I am riding alone- I don't tend to push myself as much. But he gets out there (and in good fun) heckles me about how he can do it better- it gets my blood going and so I try my best to try and match him and/or beat him! He got me into riding street bikes, and he'd do it to me there while I was trying to learn, he'd make it look soo easy and really get my blood boiling! ;) And now in the dirt, he does the same thing! Especially if I am a bit apprehensive and unsure of myself while trying/learning something- it helps me and its alot of fun! I'd kill to be able to whip his butt! :aj:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Yeah, if I throw a tow rope over the end of Dave's rear fender and hang on!

You know, I never plan on NOT finishing an enduro, it's just the way things work out sometimes.
Enough with the negative vibes!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Oh, yeah! That's the fun of it!!!

Way to go Lori! It's rare that I ever get past Karl, unless he pulls over to motion me on. When I do I try not to let him get past me (but he always does).

We play a little game with my son where we let him take off first on his 80, then take turns trying to catch him & pass him. That's how he earned the name "Da Bunny" (kinda like the greyhounds & the bunny).

On the ride weekend before last, Becky rolled back too far on a tough switchback and as one of the guys and I were helping her get back into position, some of the more aggressive riders in anther group on the ride came up behind us. My bike and our sweep guy's (what a nice guy to take care of Becky & I all day so Karl could go play with the boys) bike were in the trail since there was no way to pull off the goat trail. One of the guys rode up to the corner of the switchback (I guess to help us out) and parked his bike as Becky got going. I jumped back on my bike to see another one of these guys try to cut up the bank only to roll back down. I fired up and got around the corner. I came up to Becky who had pulled over in a wide spot to let them by and I went past motioning for her to COME ON!!!!

I figured that if they wanted by so bad then they could catch up and pass. Becky decided that if I wasn't going to wait then neither would she. We rode better than we had most of the day and they never did catch us (but then they also took a very long break we found out later!!).

On one of the rides with my bro and his friends, one of the kids (early 20's) told me that he hated it when people let him pass sooooooo I usually make them work for it, even if they don't notice that that's what I'm trying to do!!! :confused:

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sounds fun, Bbbom! Where did you go? Becky didn't call me back. :( What are you doing this weekend? Call me, let's ride!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
oh absolutley!!!

When The Ant and I drag race the sport bikes, I get the jump (better starter, you know....(grin)), it's even till about 90 mph, and then from about 110 up to 130 I just watch her walk away from me. waaa-a-a-a-ahhh!

I think it has something to do with "frontal area" and "power to weight" ratio. So it shouldn't be any big surprise. (tee-hee)

On dirt bikes, I still "own her" a bit. (uww... gonna' pay on that one).

BUT!!

Susan still says her most favorite part of our last ride down in Cave Junction, OR was when SHE had to rescue ME out of the bushes... TWICE! And trust me, she brings it up all the t-i-i--i-me. (grin)

And it's true. If she hadn't come back for me, helped haul the bike off of me, and help me out..... I'd probably still be hanging upside down from that damn tree.

Ay... she's a keeper. But I dread the day she passes me in the whoops!

Cheers! -- E-Ticket

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I love hearing about chicks roosting the heck outta guys :) I stopped just in front of a puddle the other day to talk to my friend & kept edging closer & closer to it. However, not being a guy, I got going & made a point of not roosting her - her husband does that sort of thing to the two of us all the time, covering us with mud & water, but then he does it to everyone. If it'd been one of the guys with me, no way would I have been nice, but then knowing them, they'd have gone past me & then stopped for a chat past the puddle ;)

I really don't ride with Henk at all and if I am riding with him, I don't see him until he stops for me.

Lori: as for Dave being the bar to compare yourself to, yeah, I wish the bar would stop for a while too lol. But we've worked out I'm about half Henk's speed most times, but sometimes he's a third faster - it depends on the tracks. The open stuff I'd be half speed, especially gravel roads (they hurt too much when you come off). (and never apologise when you roost a guy, just tell them it's payback time, which it'll be bound to be hehehe)
Michelle

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Firecracker,

We were up at Saltese, Montana - decided to head up there last Saturday evening since the kids had all taken off to stay with their friends. There were about 23 riders in all.

Becky came up on Sunday morning - it was nice to have another gal there because these guys can RIDE on this stuff. These were serious goat trails, twisting, winding switchbacked singletrack. It was about 60 miles of trail and I was definitely tired by the time we made it back to the truck.

As far as this weekend, it's Pat's Birthday Ride. He invited some of his more experienced riding buddies to join us Sunday morning at 9:00 am for a couple hours of Mica technical trails (Hangover Hill Loop). Then we will take some of the littler beginner's out for the Kid's Loop about 12:00 noon with a barbeque either before or after the beginner loop - depending upon weather and kid tummies! You are welcome to join us for either or both. Let Lexi & Kevin know too - not sure which ride she would like to join us on - the first one is pretty challenging for small bikes, our girls will only be on the second ride.

Last edited:
May 8, 2000
bbbom:

Not to butt in, but noticed your mention of the Saltese ride. I am assuming this was a group of WA riders - would one of the riders have been Paul (aka the Rev from other rides in MT) once was on DRN as either KTMPAUL or PAULKTM?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Lori--Sunday sounds fun! Becky and I are heading up to Gillette Saturday morning, that would be great to ride two days. Noelle might go too.

I remember hearing about that Montana ride--I'm sure it would have kicked my butt, since it's worse than Wallace and Wallace was about the edge of my limits. Kevin and Lexi will be racing, this Sat and Sun are rounds 5 and 6 of the fall series. They were talking me into it but I'm not sure I need to be spending $ on that when DW is in a few more days. Anyway, Sunday sounds fun--I think I still have your phone # to call and double check directions, etc.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
HEY! guys aren't suposed to be posting here, are they? i thought this was women only. i know, i peeked, and saw bundu posting, i pray to god there is no lady out there called bundu. anyway....we can post in here? i thought the origanal post was cool, but i thought us guys were just suposed to sit around and look pretty, as far as this forum is concerned.
Hey dirtbag, no problem joining the conversation here!
ok...i guess i should have read a lil' bit more carefully. :|

Top Bottom