jeremym1234

~SPONSOR~
Jan 12, 2002
I'm considering buying Primary Drive brand sprockets from Rocky Mountain ATV. The price is awesome ($15 for the rear, $7 for the front), but that's what scares me. I plan on getting a steel rear sprocket no matter what, I'm just waivering between the Primary Drive and a JT.

Any input (good or bad) would be appreciated.

thanks,
J.D.

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I used a Primary drive rear sprocket on my KDX. It held up well, I had no problems with it and would buy another one. They are made of steel and weigh more then aluminum, but for the price you can’t go wrong.  :thumb:

chowder6

Dec 16, 2002
i used primary drives, with a D.I.D. standard for last 5 races last yr,w/no complaints....only because i was trading in after season,and the price was right....they had slight wear afterwards.....but to start a season or for longer life ,I'd but a high quality chain n sprocket kit.....as for JT's,they are overpriced primary drives.....later

Bazooka Joe

Registered
Apr 4, 2002
I've used the Primary Drives on my bikes for the past few years with no troubles. The rear sprockets are plated chrome so they look snazzy until the chrome gets worn off. The fronts fit ok (not great, but acceptable). Overall, the PD's are a bargain if you don't mind the extra lb or so for the rear sprocket.

And... What he said on the barb against JT.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom