yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I've decided to buy pro taper bars. You can't change my mind on this issue, it's been decided. But I'm 6', and I want to get something that's not too short. What bend works best? I don't like much pull, and I don't like wide bars. Also how should I mount them? Should I buy the cheap adapters that go on the 7/8 barmounts or should I buy barmounts made for oversized bars? BTW, I ride a 2000 CR125. Thanks :)

B

biglou

CR High-Bend. I think that's what they call them. If your triple clamp has removable lower mounts, you can replace them with the Pro-Taper ones. If the bottom halves of the bar mounts are forged in with the triple clamp, you either have to replace the triple clamp or use the adapters. The adapters will raise the bars another inch or so, which may be a benefit to you.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Take a look at the TAG Double Hi CR's - that wil be my next set of bars.

The universal adapters will bring the bars closer to you as they are raised. I would recommend offset mounts to move the bars forward.

Brian.

johnf3

Mar 21, 2000
The Pro taper Cr Highs are tall, but they have way too much sweep for me. The Henry bend is nearly as high and is much straighter.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by johnf3
The Pro taper Cr Highs are tall, but they have way too much sweep for me. The Henry bend is nearly as high and is much straighter.
Exactly what I noticed and the reason why I got the Henry bend.;)

azcourt

Apr 29, 2001
Here are a couple of dimension sheets on bars.

ansbar01m.jpg

http://www.mxsouth.com/tag/tagt2bars.htm

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I think the Carmichael bend bars are pretty straight and tall. I'm 6'3" and so far really like them.

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
I have the Tag Cr double hi and love them. I am 6'3 and used the adapters to get the added height. I just saw a few months ago that Pro Taper just came out with a Pastrana bend that is a bit taller and straighter than the Tag Cr- double hi. Pastrana bend will be my next shot when ever I bend these...

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by fmfkx125372
I have the Tag Cr double hi and love them. I am 6'3 and used the adapters to get the added height. I just saw a few months ago that Pro Taper just came out with a Pastrana bend that is a bit taller and straighter than the Tag Cr- double hi. Pastrana bend will be my next shot when ever I bend these...

You won't like the Pastrana bars unless you are a woods rider. They are very narrow.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom