kelvinmercer

Aug 2, 2003
I have just got my bike going and I have not riden it before. I went for a ride today and it seems that the gears are hard to shift between 2nd and 3rd up. Would this have anything to do with the oil I am using (Motul 10W30 oil) ? Any suggestions are welcome.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Is it a new bike?? I had the same prob with mine when it was new. After a while it went away. The problem wasn't always there but sometimes it would just get stuck in second or third.

rysky

Oct 14, 2003
Ya i had the same problem with my 01 i tore the whole engine down found nothing but it back together and know no problem at all i run gearsaver 80w

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Hey man how u goin... I use Valvoline 10w 30 motor oil and have had no probs. Ive tried heaps of other oils but this one has me satisfied. I got your email sorry i havent replied been really busy. I will send you one soon.... But Valvoline XLD Lo-Vis 10w 30 is by far my choice. It only costs about 25 bucks for a 5litre bottle. Just remember to change every few rides. I can only seem to find it at SUPERCHEAP AUTO stores.

Last edited:

kelvinmercer

Aug 2, 2003
Thanks I will try that oil out.
No worrys about the e-mail, I went for a ride at the drop zone out my way, it was pretty cool but I am told that you can get fined for riding in there by the cops because it has public access.
But for now I wont be riding for awhile because I have to go away for work soon and dont want to break a leg or anything before I go.

Top Bottom